My Layouts

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Wasted weekend

I don't know where my Saturday went. It started out great, I got on the computer, shut off all communication (Hello, Explorer) and got 2 layouts done. Then the day got derailed and taken over by my past and some insanity. We have a cable channel that shows nothing but reality shows. I spent the entire day yesterday (with short breaks) watch a marathon on an old reality show called The Restaurant With that celeb cook Rocco DiSpirito (who I really don't like anyway as celeb cooks go). I just got sucked in and that's all she wrote. I think that it goes back to my 10 years of waiting tables and tending bar. I must have helped open 6-8 restaurants over the years. You know when they build a new one, every one's new and it's quite often a disaster for several weeks until everyone gets on the same page. But nothing like the drama in this tv show. Sheesh! Well I guess I never opened one in NYC and the most famous was a TGIFriday's. I can be a reality show junkie. I am so looking forward to a new season of Idol, Big Brother and not sure when it's starting back up, but I love Top Chef.

So here are two of the lo's that I had gotten done Before my tv invasion of the body snatchers.
The first one I was gonna try to combine 2 challenges that I had to do, but I don't think I made it dorkie enough for Kristine's forum challenge.
That's my man Shan in his Guitar Hero mode. He's really addicted to this game. He's stuck on the last series of songs on the medium level. I've done a few of the medium, but I don't like having to use my pinky finger, so I'm going back to try to get 100% on the songs I love. I only missed 2 notes on Alice Cooper's Schools Out, which I did during one of those breaks yesterday. I'm only slightly addicted. My nephew said he's on the high level and it only took him 4 days to get there. Well ladida. Little smart ass. I mean I just love that boy.
Here he is in a page for my Christmas book. It's the Deal or No Deal story from Christmas morning. I know it doesn't look too Christmassy. I get to work with Flergs Duncan's Closet kit and I really like it and think it works great for Josh. (and Shannon above). The stars are by Natalie Designs and the journaling mat by Heather Manning. I did get to work on a 2 pager for Addi, but it's not quite done yet. I need to figure out how to get some journaling in there. I'll show it to you tomorrow.

It's supposed to be around 60 degrees today and tomorrow. Good news for I really despise the cold, but it's killing my head. Shannon was up at 6 complaining of a headache too. There is so much to do today. Laundry, dishes and scrapping. Why can't I be more like Cate? She cranks out the layouts. Seriously! And she has 2 kids and gets her housework done. Cate, will you bottle it and send me some? But keep the snow, please.

Well better get this in and check out the train. I didn't hit any one's blog yesterday. Enjoy your day and scrap happy.

7 comments:

Robin L said...

Oh I hear you on getting side tracked, it happens here all the time. I hope today goes better for you.

Azrood said...

Great layouts! I want to know what Cate's secret is too! I can't ever seem to juggle everything successfully! And yay for warmer weather (we're getting it here too!) - my kids NEED to get outside and play!

Kristine said...

Great LO Diane!!! If Shan is your dork then by means he'll fit in the forum!!! LMAO

Having lazy day today...Julie had a sleepover last night and they TRASHED the house...I mean TRASHED...good thing they go back to school tomorrow...its about time! LOL

Monique said...

Great layouts, good luck getting things done today. I'm planning on getting some housework done too but usually get sidetracked half way through with something more fun... lol. Have a great day!

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Great layouts of your man, my son loves that game too (he's 24).

Have a great day, I don't know where yesterday went, but today is dragging on and on :)

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Great layouts!

Have a great day!

BHo said...

I'm a total reality junkie too...love The Restaurant when it was on network TV. I think Rocco is kinda hot, especially now that he's training for triathelons! I think it's a good thing that I'm on a Mac and can't get Hello. It helps me crank out the layouts! Have a great week, Diane!