My Layouts

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Trippin through thoughts in my mind

Mornin,
I wasn't gonna post today, didn't think that I had anything to say. (But I didn't want my friends to pop in and only see ads) So I started thinking about 2 threads I read at DST yesterday. They really got me thinking. The first one I posted a response in and the second I didn't. The one I posted really got me thinking. Here's the link. Basically it was about CT layouts and if the scrappers use the products their designers are given on layouts that will eventually go into an album or be printed. I refuse to believe that I am the only scrapper who doesn't necessarily scrap for albums with my CT products. With the number of stock photos I see in various galleries and forums I think that I just may have been the only person to respond to that thread. But the response by some in that thread really irked me. The other thread was much more positive in my mind and how I respond to it. Here's that link. It's about what you may plan to do differently this year with scrapping. Scrapping resolutions perhaps. And a lot of the responses by other people really got me to thinking. With the closure of the forum & gallery over at OAKS, a lot of my layouts disappeared and are not in other galleries. I was/am posting to galleries to receive validation of my abilities. I crave comments and am often disappointed when there are none (DST) or few. I need to learn to scrap for me. Make my opinion the only one that counts. To scrap with more focus, with a purpose per se. Like my Christmas book. To organize and use what I have instead of constantly getting more and more and more. So I guess that only the CT layouts will go into the galleries. I'm also going to resign some of my CT positions. (No not you Heather!) Maybe I can get to what the spirit of scrapping is all about.

Ok, since I've been all over the place today, I'll say scrap happy and see you tomorrow. Don't forget about the sales over at OAKS.

7 comments:

Leigh said...

My scrapping resolution is to try any new digi techniques I see in my mags! I use my CT stuff for my books, by I'm a SAHM and doing CT's so I can save $$. It's yours to do with as you please and no one elses business! HEHEHEHHE

Azrood said...

I saw the CT thread yesterday, but was one of the first to post so I haven't really read the later comments. I generally put most of my CT layouts in my albums, but there are a few LOs I have done that don't make it. I have about 9,000 photos needing to be scraped so it's pretty easy for me to find something that goes with whatever kit I'm using, lol!

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

You got me posting my 'scrapping resolutions' in there! LOL

And I didn't even have any till I read that thread :)

I wouldn't worry about what 'other' CT's are doing hon, you do things that make you happy. That's what's important in this life. If you want to create a layout for a designer kit that has a 'stock photo' in it, so be it. Who cares if it doesn't go in your book? It's your choice as to how you scrap, nobody elses.

Have fun with what you do, do what you enjoy and to heck with what others think :)

Have a great day!

Barb said...

Bravo! I am right there with you. Sometimes if I'm in a crunch, I will just do a page to do it, but most of the time my pages do mean something to me, at least at some level. It's just the way I scrap.

I will admit that the "who inspires you" thread kind of hurt my feelings when I read through nine pages of lists that did not have my name on them. I'd like to think that my layouts inspire people, especially those I did for Stand Up and Scrap. But I'm certainly not "one of the popular crowd" at DST, that's for sure.

Great post today, Diane!

Anonymous said...

Well thank God you're not resigning from my CT! I'd cry! You have my permission to resign from anything else. ROFL Like you need it.

I'm only on 1 ct, it's Micheline Martin's. And if I make a page using her stuff it's always for my books.

But, I know you work just as hard on all of your layouts. You do them for what you want to do them for. They all end up beautiful!!!!

Robin L said...

No need to worry about what someone else thinks, life is to short hon. I love your layouts and think they are great (care about what I think tho lol) I hope you have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Heading over to read those posts now....hope you have a great day honey...stop in at the garden and say hi....we miss you!!! {{{HUGS}}