My Layouts

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A heavy heart

Aye, say it isn't so. I'm heartbroken today. It's not so much that LSU won, it's that we really beat ourselves. There is no way you can win a game of this caliber when you turn the ball over (interceptions) 3 times and you have stupid, stupid penalties, especially a roughing the kicker. I really feel sorry for that player, I think he'll always be known as the kid who lost the game for us. It was a big momentum shift. It's just hard to go through this 2 years in a row. Yeah I know that there are bigger things going on in the world. I'm just gonna cry in my beer for a minute more.

Ok, back to reality. It got up to 70 degrees here yesterday. That hot in the Midwest in January is never good. (I loved it, but it's messin with my sinuses.) I read a brief article about the tornadoes in the Midwest last night. Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinios. I know that we have a lot of scrapping friends in the Midwest. I pray that everyone is safe. It's so hard to believe tornadoes in January. Global Warming my friends. We need to take care of Mother Earth before we cause her to turn on us. (My political rant for today).

And lastly, just wanted to let you know that even though OAKS forum and gallery are gone, the store is still open until January 31st. Right now some of the designers, such as Sara Ellis and Doreen Stolz have a lot of their store on sale, some up to 75% off. So if you have that little bit of scrappin budget you want to go a long way, stop by OAKS and check out what's on sale. I expect to hear more about other designers putting their stuff on sale soon, so check back often.

Have a good day all. I'm off to work. It's supposed to be warm here again today and then bam! snow on Thursday. Only 1 more week til American Idol starts. I love watching the train wreck, I mean audition shows. And only a few more weeks til LOST. I miss Sawyer!

Scrap happy ya'll.

10 comments:

Azrood said...

I'm sorry your team didn't win. That's always such a disappointment. We too had record highs here yesterday and then it's going to cool off and rain the rest of the week. I'd gladly trade you for some of that snow, lol!

Unknown said...

Weather seems to be all over the place. We finally had some snow here in Ireland last week - first this winter.

Love American Idol too, but we usually get it after you. X-factor just finished before christmas here though, it has Simon Cowell and Sharon Osborne among others.

MadameMim said...

Such a pity that OAKS is closing down.
And - It is so terrible to hear about those tornadoes!! Hope everything goes well!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! My heart bit faster when I saw your title..I'm glad it wasn't anything major! But sorry you lost the game! And talking about LOST,my my..I just can't wait :) Have a great day:)

Kristine said...

We were thinking about ya last night as we watched the game...Steve was rooting for the Bucks as well....

BHo said...

Nothing much to say but sorry. I can totally relate to the post-bowl blues.

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Sorry to hear about your team. It's been really really cold and snowy out in my parts, below zero at times during night, and I probably have about a foot and a half of snow out on my back deck patio table...lol....Winter in the Rockies, heh? :)


Have a great day!

Leigh said...

Waiting for Idol, too! Just be glad your Buckeye's made it to a bowl game. Poor Gamecocks didn't! BOOOOOOOO! Anyhoo, enjoy the warm before the storm! (heheheheh)

absolutartist1 said...

It looks more like April here today than January. Sorry your team lost. Try to have a good day! [hugs]

Scrapmuch said...

wait til next year! (Hey I'm a Cubs fan, what can I say)

thanks for the tips on Oaks good sales - off to check it out!