My Layouts

Monday, January 7, 2008

The GAME!!!! Go Bucks!

(football rant, feel free to skip to layouts)

Well, it's finally here. I've avoided adding to the media hype by not mentioning it since last Wed. The National Championship Game. The Big One, the dance, football at it's finest. You can't be a Buckeye scrapper without mentioning it. You really can't live in central Ohio (I'll let you pass Barb, since your down in Cinci) and not be proud of our team. No, it's not tarnished by the fact that a lot of people say we got there by default. Yes, we lost 1 game this year, but we are playing the first 2 loss team to EVER make it to the National Championship. We got there by having the #1 Defense in the nation. We got there by having one of the BEST running backs in the nation. We got there by having a Coach who has an amazing record of 73 wins and only 15 losses in 7 years with a National Championship his 2nd year coaching. We have motivation. Losing is often a key motivator. 41-14 is not a number that the Buckeyes are proud of, but it may just be enough to help seek redemption. WE ARE OHIO STATE!!! GO BUCKS!!!!

So here's another page for the Christmas book. It about the matching shirts I got the girls. This is Flerg's collab kit with JanaM Caramel Pudding. I am so loving Andrea Gold's templates for this shutterfly book. I really am not sure if I could have done it without them as I am usually an 8 X 8 square scrapper. Trying to spread my wings?
Here's another one. I'm not sure if I'll actually put it in the book. Christmas just wasn't the same without Dad. But we all know that he was there in spirit and in the laughter of those 2 little girls who share his blood. I'll probably talk it over with my SIL to see if I should include it. I don't want to upset my Mom. She's having a tough time still.
Ok, sorry to bring you all down. Well, it is Monday after all so for some of us, it's that yucky back to work time. Today won't be too bad, the old lady's off (yeah) and it's gonna be 65 degrees today. So I'll most likely open up the doors and air the office out. We did that with the house yesterday and what an improvement. Unfortunately it's gonna be back in the low 30's by the weekend with snow. Just what my sinuses need. Enjoy your day! Scrap Happy.
GO BUCKS!!!!!

9 comments:

Kristine said...

GO BUCKS!!!!!!

Dork dancing thru for sec, just sharing the love.....

Sending kisses to Da Mod With Da Bod!!!

Mwah!

Azrood said...

Go Bucks! That's awesome! Love the new layouts for the Christmas album. You're really moving on getting those done! Heck, I still have to scrap pictures from last Christmas, lol! Any chance you can send me some of your mojo? :)

Anonymous said...

Go Bucks!? LOL I'm so not into football. But, I say you go on with your football cheering self! LOL

Gorgeous layouts! And I think that is a beautiful tribute to your dad!

Baby crying! TTYL!

absolutartist1 said...

Mornin', hon! I hear ya' on the sinus issues...BLECK!!! We've actually got a warm front moving through. I think we're supposed to be up to a high in the high 50's/low 60's today and tomorrow... Goodbye snow!

The pages look great! Have a great day! [hugs]

Unknown said...

You know it might be hard for your mom now, but in the future she will probably treasure that page. Not all sad tears are a bad thing.

Anonymous said...

oh Gosh reading that last bit about that layout got me teary eyed. My own dad is in the hospital now and they are talking hospice. I can't imagine a Christmas without him :(
Your layouts are beautiful!

Jeannette said...

I'm not even a Bucks fan (I know, say it's not so! lol) and even I was getting all caught up in your enthusiasm there. :-)

Thanks for the idea of airing out the house. I'm going to do that now, too. Have a good day!

Leigh said...

It's 74 here today! It feels so good!

BHo said...

Diane, I'm sorry about your dad.

And yeah, it's another Monday, but it's Big Game Monday! Go Bucks! I hope they kick some LSU Tiger tail!

Love the layouts too :-D