My Layouts

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Woo Hoo! We're no. 1

Hey there!
I enjoyed every minute (well not when he cried) of my time with my cousin's son. We had a blast and he was wonderful for me. I usually see him 1/2 hour before bedtime and he's often cranky and not very alert. I took a ton of pictures. We watched the Ohio State game (more on that it a minute), Baby Einstein and I got caught up on Grey's Anatomy. (not a big Izzy fan, hate what they've done with her character) I was sad to see him go back home. I did have a major headache, most likely from not eating and a little bit of hormones so I didn't go down to the campground to be with the old man & dogs (oh I miss them sooooo much). But I did scrap like crazy. My cousin asked me if I would so some for her to print off to take down to the hospital to put in her BF's room. They're simple, it was easy and I had fun. Isn't that what scrapping's all about? Here are my two faves.
Credits: Candy Apples papers by Heather Manning, frame by KimB Designs, alpha (one of my winnings) by Kelly Sauvage, ribbons by Ztampf!, heart & brad by Lawanna Dejardin.



Baby Blues by Sarah VanDyke - one of the generous prizes from the SBB queen of chatter contest. Isn't he a cutie pie. I love that age because they always look so different in every picture. Poor little guy is teething though. I give major props to those of you with little ones who get so much scrapping and designing done. I literally only had 1/2 hour of down time the entire afternoon.


After a blow out over Kent State, as predicted here, it appears that we have inherited the number 1 spot in the rankings of College Football!!! In stunning upsets, both no 1 LSU and No. 2 Cal lost today. What a wacky season for football. Now our destiny is in our hands. And we have some tough, tough games coming up. As usual, it most likely will come down to the greatest rivalry in college football. The OSU-Michigan game. I swear that Columbus comes to a stop on the day of that game. But that game is still 6 weeks away. We need to focus on the next game only. Especially now that there's a big ole bullseye on our backs.
I refuse to talk about Nascar as long as Jeff Gordon continues to win.
Since it's 1:30 am here (headache and caffeine keeping me up) there will be no freebie list for today. If you normally have freebies on your site & I usually pick em up, I'll have them here for you on Monday along with mine. I promised the old man I'd drive down to the campground tomorrow. It's almost time to close it up for the season. But I do want to show you what I found. I love templates! I have a gazillion of them I haven't even started to play with. I have a calender I have to get done soon or I'll lose my Shutterfly prize. Anyway, as you may know, I have the most boring header to this blog. Well that's about to change! As soon as I find the photo I want (I'm hoping it's on my work computer) it will be updated. But check this out!

Amy Bleser did a template pack of just blog headers! It's amazing, especially for those of us with no design talent. Heck I wouldn't even have known the size to make it. So if you don't have one or are looking to change yours and want an easy way out (I'm all about easy) click on the preview to go to Scrapbook-Bytes. It's her forum ad and gives you all the info. Keep an eye out for my new header, coming this week.
I've had 1 official guess on the secret I'm keeping. If you think you know what it may be, email me at carjaziscraps "at" gmail "dot" com. Keep in mind that everyone who plays along will get a little something. More details to follow.
Until next time, scrap happy!
**-Diane

4 comments:

Ladybug Graphix said...

Congratulations!!! I guess.... :) Love those layouts! Blog header templates...what an awesome idea! Great information, Diane.... Have an awesome day, and see you tomorrow!! :)

Leigh said...

Hey Diane! Just glad LSU dropped. Big Gamecock fans at our house. Go Spurrier! Love your layouts! Cute little guy!

absolutartist1 said...

Well, you're up before me... LOL For once I just stayed in bed 'til 9:30. Notthat I was sleeping mind you- the kids were awake, but I just didn't want to move!

Off to get breakfast, and post to my blog. Congrats on the #1 ranking!

Anonymous said...

Blog headers! Who'dve thunk it??? I can't wait to see what you're going to put up there ... although .. any images would be an improvement *wink* I'll still read your blog regardless of what it looks like!