My Layouts

Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Fine Fall Saturday

Hi there!
Well it's turned into a fine fall. The temps have stabilized some and it's sweater weather. A perfect day. I've been trying to pull the blog together for over an hour now. Something on one of the pages I was trying to pull a preview from kept messing up the computer, first it froze then it closed my browser down. I've hunted for freebies several times now. The good thing about this is that I've found more than I would have if I had gotten it done the first time around. I like freebies and have found that they really drive traffic to your blog. On Thursday (3 days after I posted my first one) it was picked up by Digifree and I had over 100 hits. Now to the seasoned vets, that's nothing, but considering until I posted the first one the max I had was 35. Yesterday went back to the normal amount, I guess I would say just the regular fans. Well, those are who I blog for. Thank you for continuing to stop by. I hope that you find the blog somewhat helpful and enjoyable.

Today I'll be watching my cousins son. She's been spending so much time at the hospital, she's totally worn out. It's been amazing to watch her through this, the maturity and strength she's shown. Of course, she's just doing what needs to be done. Just like any one of us would in these circumstances. Please remember her in your prayers tonight.
This is the little cutie I get to spend the day with. I didn't have my camera the other night when I went to her house, but I'm recharging the batteries right now and look to have a gazillion more to play with.

Since it's Saturday, that means Buckeye Football!!! Today's game will most likely be a snooze fest since OSU is playing an in state team- Kent State. I don't even know if they are 1A or 1AA in football conferences. Anyway, OSU is a 30 point favorite and today will be a blowout.
To show my support for my Buckeyes, here's a layout I did Labor Day weekend for the first game of the season. The little girl is my cousins DD and she is the biggest little Buckeye fan. She looked adorable in her little cheerleader outfit. She even got my dog Carmen into the action, but I don't think Carmen was too impressed. She does watch the games with us though and barks real loud when we start making a commotion when OSU scores.

As some of you know, I know a secret. But I can't let the cat out of the bag just yet. If you think you can guess this secret, based on the clues I'll be giving this week, email me at carjaziscraps "at" gmail "dot" com. There will be a little something for everyone who participates. Ok, this secret it's a little dirty.

Here's my freebie previews for today. I think I'll take just another minute of your time to talk about Susan's kit "Alive & Kicking". October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I have an aunt on my mothers side who had breast cancer. Thankfully she is one of those who is alive and kicking. It is truly a scary thing. I hope that you all are preforming your monthly exams and

that those of you over 40 are getting your yearly mammograms done. Early detection is the key. I did mine 1 day after my birthday this year. It was my first and the anticipation was far worse than the actual procedure. I won't lie to you, it was uncomfortable for about a minute. Think how uncomfortable chemotherapy is. JUST DO IT! Ok that's my PSA for the day.


Here are some other wonderful freebies I found this morning. Make sure you leave em some love when you download.






Check back on Monday, I may have another freebie for you myself. It's a word art collection of song quotes. Enjoy your weekend!!!
Until next time, scrap happy!!
**-Diane





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you have been busy finding freebies! Glad you got it all worked out in the end :) Nice freebies you have to love the colors and a great cause to support Have a great weekend! TF stopping by my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Great job on locating these freebies...you do always put together a great collection!! See you at the garden!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little boy you get to watch!! I guess it's all the better for you 'cause you get to watch .. then give back! Sometimes I wish I could give mine back *LOL* Only kidding! Have a great day Diane!

absolutartist1 said...

I'm here! I'm sorry - I never made it to the comments yesterday even though I stopped by 'cause every time I tried to click into them the boss walked in! Darn boss anyway... LOL

Thanks for listing me in there today! I'm looking forward to seeing yours on Monday.

Donna B. Miller said...

Have fun with your little cousin today. He sure is a cutie. So your secret is "dirty." I think I know. :-)

Flora said...

thanks for all the great freebies...gorgeous blog...tfs...flora

Amy C. Bleser said...

Hi Diane! I love that you posted the layout you did at the chat the other night and that you enjoyed the chat! :)

Sweater weather? We went to the pumpkin patch today and it was in the mid-90's. I'm sunburned in fact! :)

Have a great rest of the weekend!