My Layouts

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Lazy Sunday and a little freebie from me this time

Well it's been quite the lazy Sunday here. I've been trying without much success to get my laundry done. I guess if you look under lazy in the dictionary, you'll find my picture. We'll the laundry will be there tomorrow and probably the day after. :) I scrapped a little, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.



I've neglected to pay it forward with the thoughtful blogger award that Yen sent my way on Friday. I'm beginning to sound like a broken record with my nominations. But I would like to send this to Andrea of Boyerville Scraps (thanks so much for the kit you sent) and Cate. Both have been faithful readers pretty much since I started this a few weeks ago and I consider them both wonderful new friends.


I'd also like to mention Heather Manning who also got this from Dawne over at LadyBug Graphix and also Susan over at Raspberry Road Designs, who will probably never see this, but I think she deserves it anyway for her unending generosity and big heart for designing her freebies each day.




I corrected and cleaned up the overlay I did last week and think it's ready for general viewing. Now the funny thing is I spent a little bit of money on this new computer, got Vista because I didn't have a choice and didn't think I'd need to spend the extra $200 for Microsoft Office. Great move, I have NO word processing program on this thing. So I have no TOU for this. I don't think it's gonna be too much of an issue. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how many of you think it's good enough to use. So here's my TOU: This is for personal use only. Please do not post the link, send your friends here to download. Please give credit where credit is due. Carjaziscraps is all I request on the credits. Please do not alter and claim them as your own. And finally, please do not use to create obscene, defamatory or immoral works.
So here's my word art overlay for you. I hope that you enjoy it and can use it somewhere in one of your layouts. If you do use it, I would absolutely love to see it. Email me with a link at carjaziscraps "at" gmail "dot" com. You can download it here.
Here is a layout I did with the overlay (altered obviously) and the kit that Andrea from Boyersville Scraps sent me. I really like this kit and Andrea did a great job on it. The couple in the photo is a friend from the campground daughter and son in law. They held the reception down at the campground and I turned myself into the "official photographer".

I think that the word art on it really is ringing true with me today. My cousin, Jett's bf was in a horrible motorcycle accident last night and is critical condition. They just had a little boy and things have been tough for them. When I asked her what she needed, all she could say is "I need him". It's unfortunate that sometimes it takes a tragedy to bring things back into focus. Definitely makes my troubles seem insignificant. So tell your loved ones how much you love them everyday. Tell your friends how much they mean to you.


Thank you so much for taking a few minutes out of your day to stop by my little blog. I really appreciate it and have made some wonderful new friends by blogging. I hope that you have too.


Until next time-scrap happy!


**-Diane

10 comments:

Donna B. Miller said...

Like you, I'm having a lazy Sunday except for laundry. Love the layout; your overlay looks great.

20Birds said...

I will be praying for your cousin and his family... you are right about events shaking us into focus...

Flergs said...

Everyday is lazy day here! hahaha. I wish I could just ignore the mess and relax once in a while. We need to turn off completely hey!

Anonymous said...

I pray that everything is ok for your cousin's bf. Laundry did get complete at my house (4:00PM). Started it at 7:00AM. What is wrong with this picture. The layout is awesome, and that overlay...to die for girl! Have an awesome day Diane...see you at the garden! (PS..could I post some of your layouts from the garden onto my blog?)..I'd love to see some layouts done using kits from the garden..lol!
Till next time...

absolutartist1 said...

TY for the award! I'm so glad you found my blog too!

Use Notepad for your TOU. EVERY pc can open that whether they have word processing or not!:)
Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad (And,if you right-click Notepad first you can pin it to your Start menu so you don't have to remember the click path!) ;)

admin said...

Hi Diane! Thanks for visiting my blog. I enjoyed reading yours. Greetings from Norway, Kristin

Anonymous said...

You are so sweet! Thanks for the nom again. Oh, laundry, that's right. I'd better go check on that. We are all swimming in laundry sea over here, nobody wants to deal with it.. Yikes.

Kristine said...

Woooohoooooooo!!!! Thank you sooo much for the killer overlay!!!! Oh, I snagged all your avs!!! I am SUCH an av hag!!!! Thank you!!!!

::resumes dork dancing::

Lena Brandenburg said...

What a beautiful overlay! You are so generous!

Anonymous said...

Dianne, i hope you are doing well. Please visit my blog:D