My Layouts

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

One day closer to the weekend!!

Hi ya'll!

Wow, it's really beginning to feel like fall finally! On Monday we had record highs in the low 90's and today it's only in the mid 50's. Talk about extremes. Made me look forward to the changing of the leaves, pumpkin patches, cider mills and of course Halloween. Talked with my best friend today about Halloween costumes, she's looking for something out of the ordinary. My favorite is this one. You take a bunch of Kelloggs mini cereal boxes and attach them to a shirt, mix caro syrup with red food coloring and smear it on the boxes, grab a plastic dagger and wallah! your a cereal killer. hehe

Speaking of out of the ordinary. I was over at Donna Miller's blog this week and she is hosting this great 6 week challenge over at Scrapbook Graphics - The Quirkshop Basically it's a challenge to scrap outside the box and your normal comfort zone. So I started paying attention to some of the layouts that are posted at different sites. I wanted to share a few with you that I think are outstanding and way outside of my ability, let alone comfort zone. Altered Art amazes me. I think that these women are so truly talented. Check out these layouts and see for yourself.

Ruby did this layout. You can see it and the credits at 3 Scrapateers

Ang did this one. She's been doing a lot of altered art lately and each one is fantastic. This is her latest over at Scrapbooking-Bytes

Laurel always has the most amazing concepts for her layouts. Definite art!You can see her gallery at SBB also! Make sure you check it out.


And Fantacy stretched her wings for a challenge at Digital Art Quirks. This challenge revolved around the past and circles had to be used. Credits can be seen here.



So I tried to scrap outside of the box for the Quirkshop challenge. The first week was to do a layout without ribbons, flowers, bows and premade frames. I would never consider mine art, nor in the league with the other ladies I mentioned, but here's mine.

I used Traci Murphy's Basically Red papers & Hollie Haradon - Holliewood studios Fall glitters. I really, really like the Fall glitter's collection. It was one of the fantastic items I picked up with the GC that Yen gave me. (Thanks so much Yen!)


Have you seen Candy Apples by Heather Manning yet? It's a great kit for scrapping this time of year. Dark reds, orange, mauve and browns - there's so much to play with in this kit.

available at Digital-scrapbooking.org. Here's a layout I did with it.

That's my BF with his grandfather. Wasn't a cutie. I still wonder what happened. lol



Don't forget about the snag the blinkie promotion Tallula Moon Designs is running. You can get grab it from the list of blinkies I have to the left. Put it in a signature line, email me with the site and you may get RAK'd with Tallula Moon's Trick or Treat kit. Here's a little preview.

and a Happy Haunting card I did with it too.


I'll have the freebie list a little later on today. Trying to get everyone a chance to get theirs added to their blog. If you're looking for mine from Monday, scroll down. It's still available.


Til next time- scrap happy!!

**-Diane

**early morning edit - Here's a few freebies I found this morning. Make sure you stop by Kristine's place and wish the wench a Happy Birthday!!.









5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome layouts Diane! You don't give yourself enough credit... :) Till tomorrow...have an awesome day!!!

Anonymous said...

You always have the neatest stuff to highlight over here Diane! And that layout is gorgeous! I love Hollie's Fall glitters too. I may have to grab them!!!!!

Gorgeous picks today!!!!

And I was feeling better til I was at Target, then the fever hit again. But, I worked through it. LOL Must be strong. The fever is gone right now, but my throat is KILLING me. Hopefully the ibuprofin will kick in soon!

Anonymous said...

Loving the fall colors you're using in your layouts Diane!! I'm still stuck in summertime :)
Nah, I'm lying, I'm stuck in BRIGHT colors right now!
You are really underestimating yourself. You're a fantastic scrapper! Keep up the good work!

20Birds said...

those layouts are really great for the creative juices to get churning... thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Love that fall LO you did! I would say it's art, it's gorgeous! The photo really pops, the colors are rich, is just has a very magical feel. I love it! I stop by digital quirks every now and then, and tell myself I'm going to do all of their awesome challenges, but right now I'm just swamped with the design challenge. Did you hear, they didn't eliminate anyone. LOL! So I get to go on after all!
Take care!
Andrea