My Layouts

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I can't believe I forgot the title-

Hi ya'll!



Well I didn't get any time on the computer last night to create anything or play with any kits or freebies. I was watching my cousin's son while she was at the hospital. Things are starting to look more encouraging for her boyfriend, but it's going to be a long, painful road to recovery. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.




I'm beginning to think it's time for me to go to Vegas. Yesterday, I won another little contest. Yen, being the incredible sweetheart she is picked 2 random commenter's on her blog and sent us a GC. It was to be to the shop of our choice, but I am really trying to spread my "wings" and check out other shops, designers, boards etc. in order to grow in my knowledge and inspiration. So Yen choose the DigiShoppe. I haven't been there yet and am actually excited to get to work so I can go shop. Thank you so much Yen!!! It's very appreciated, but more so, I appreciate you. If you haven't see this incredible lady's blog yet, go check it out. She takes the most amazing pictures and does the most incredible layouts.






I just thought I'd throw this in again in case anyone missed it the first time. It's my first freebie. You can grab it here.





Kristine over at Wenchd Graphix get my Humpday Hunnies early bird award. She's the only one who has her freebie up at the moment. I will edit my blog to get the other up as they come in. Check back for them. Also Tomorrow is Kristine's Birthday, so please stop by her blog and leave birthday wishes. Heather Manning will have her freebie up shortly, but for some reason the filter at work doesn't let me ever see her pictures, so I won't get a preview of hers unless she emails it to me (and I forgot to remind her) so go check out her blog here for her freebie. Well, thankfully Heather read my blog this morning and sent me the preview. Here is her Autumn Leaves sampler.
Also check out this cool freebie from KimB Designs new kit. Great for your boys or tomboys if that's the case.

Since I'm on a few CT's I frequently am enabling my designers, like every good CT'er should. But today I wanted to spotlight 2 charity kits that I found while searching DST for ideas for my blog. I have no connection to either of these kits, but am always saddened by any tragedy that occurs and I have seen in the short time I've been involved in digiscrapping that we always rise to the occasion and help take care of our own. It makes me proud to be a part of this community. Here are 2 of them.

1HourScrap.com is promoting its first Donation Kit & QuickPage Album. A little less than a year ago, Amy Clarke had an ear ache that wouldn't go away, and after a series of tests and doctor visits, the source was found to be stage IV Metastatic Melanoma that had spread to her brain, spleen, ovaries, lung, and lymph nodes. Amy's struggle against cancer came to an end on October 3rd, 2007. Amy leaves two daughters, Reagan (9) and Savannah (3), and husband, Michael. More details about Amy Clarke are in this forum post.


The Sweet Shoppe Team is so proud to have teamed up to create a gorgeous kit for the benefit of Laura Wolff and her family. Earlier this month the Wolff family was devastated when a fire tore through their home and took with it all of their worldly possessions. While they'll never be able to get those items back, we can help! For the remainder of 2007, For Laura will be available here at Sweet Shoppe Designs and 100% of the profits from the sale of this gorgeous kit will be deposited into the family's paypal account every two weeks.


And lastly, a few of the other freebies from blogs I frequent often. Click on the preview to be taken to their blogs.






If you do freebies on a regular basis and would like to be added to my blog lists, shoot me an email at carjaziscraps "at" gmail "dot" com. Link me to your site and I will be more than happy to add you to mine.


Hopefully tomorrow I will have a few of my own layouts to show you. Until next time, scrap happy!


**-Diane

11 comments:

Donna B. Miller said...

Isn't Yen just the sweetest? Enjoy your gift certificate.

Azrood said...

Congrats on the gift card! I absolutely love TDS and am sure you'll be able to find something there!

Anonymous said...

Diane, thank you for always checking out on me and my blog:) The GC is nothing you know..I really love sharing and that is really me IRL :)

I'll be picking up that kit for the Wolff family! Such great cause..

Have a great day and take care always!

Xo~

Kristine said...

Very cool list today Diane!!! Love stopping in because you have different things on your blog...not the usual!!!

Have a good day!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Yen rocks! Congrats! Might I recommend my Designer over at TDS? The only CT I am on? Micheline Martin? Her stuff is so unique, so creative, so gorgeous! Send you my preview! See, you did remind me! Have a wonderful day Diane!

Andrea said...

WOW maybe you should go to Vegas, such luck!!! Great freebies thanks!

absolutartist1 said...

Mornin'! I managed to get to you first today! :P

Another great list of freebies! I'll have to see if I can steal some tie while the boss is at lunch to grab a few!

Thanks so much, Diane! :)

Anonymous said...

I thought I had already came by, but maybe I am in moderation... :)...I was here first thing this morning! I agree with you about Yen....and her photography..it is fabulous! Ok, I guess I'll stop by tomorrow and see what goodies you find!!!

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Betty "CC" Gray said...

Thanks!

Jalos said...

Love your overlay, thank you so much for sharing!