My Layouts

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Chats & contests

Hi there!

Well, I figured out how to do something new last night in PSE5. Now for most people, this is not something new. But remember I'm new at all this (since July) and self taught. Here, let me show you.
Isn't that cool? Isn't she cute. That's my niece. You'll see more of her soon, I just got her 3 month pictures. There will be a few layouts coming from these wonderful shots. My brother's a pretty good photographer in his own right, and spares no expense on his equipment. But it makes me scream, they have a perfectly good copy of photoshop and don't use it. This blows my mind, especially since my SIL is a paper scrapper. Well after seeing these examples, maybe she'll learn it.







Ok, enough about me. Let's get on to the chats & contests. Let's do the contests first. Many of you know that I know a secret. Now I thought that yesterday's clue was non existent, but I actually let slip a big part of this secret. Now, I ran some things through my busy little mind and came up with song titles to lead you to the next clue. I love 70's music. It's good songwriting, well ok Disco Duck wasn't, but you know what I mean. It takes me back to a time that was carefree, my childhood. So here's a few song titles that may just help you put together this secret I'm keeping.


"Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac and "All By Myself" by Eric Carmen.



Think you know what the secret is? Shoot me an email with your answer to

carjaziscraps "at" gmail "dot" com. There are some terrific prizes to be given away and every guess gets a goodie. What do you have to lose????




Heather has another great contest going on over at her site. Check it out.


Stop by her site AFTER you finish reading this post to play the game.








Tallula Moon Designs has released this adorable kit for the Scrap A Deal chat over at 3 Scrapateers. It's a neat concept. You buy the first half of the kit for a special price, $2.00 ; attend the chat on Oct 24th at 10 pm EST time, post a layout and then get the other half of the kit free. Here's the first part of the kit.






That Wed. night is a popular night for chats. Heather's having one at DST at 11 EST too. You really don't want to miss either of them. Lots of fun and lots of goodies!! hint, hint.

Oh yeah, remember the problems I was having with Blogger, well they were down for a bit yesterday, so I thought that maybe I alerted them to a major issue. Well, it was all me that messed up. I didn't have my settings right. Duh. But they're fixed and I'm back to the easy way of doing things with my freebie previews. Yeah. But the problem with doing this before I go to work, is it's 7 am and not too many freebies up on the blogs yet. So as always, here's what I have and I'll add once I get to work.



Those are the only ones I have for you right now. Guess it doesn't pay to be the early bird.




Let me leave you with one more thing. This is hysterical. Ok, it won't let me show the photo, but click here for a laugh.



Until next time, scrap happy!

Diane

























8 comments:

Kristine said...

Morning Diane!!! There's something for ya on my blog!!!!! Mwah!

Kristine said...

Thanks so much for adding my freebie!!! BTW, thanks for making me spit my coffee out (again!) with those potato heads...they were the best!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome freebies,Diane! And love that photo actions:D Adorable little one:)

Anonymous said...

That picture came out awesome! Great photo editing! She is a doll!!!

I love your song choices! Great clues!

Have a wonderful day Diane!

Anonymous said...

How can ANYONE have a perfectly good copy of Photoshop and not use it!! C'mon!!! I blogged too late this morning .. you missed my freebie!
Hope you're having a WONDERFUL day!!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful!! Love the effect you figured out! Thanks for adding my freebie! See you at the garden! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I have an idea about your secret, and I'll email you about it. But for now, let me tell you that we were watching the Singing Bee awhile back, and they were singing "Don't Stop" or whatever it's called by Fleetwood Mac, and Atha started singing along to it, and she still sings it. Which I think is hilarious, this little bitty girl swingin to the oldies!
I'm off to shoot you an email about your secret.

absolutartist1 said...

How-dee! Running late always puts me in a bad mood! LOL

That niece is precious! And, the Potato Heads are hilarious!