My Layouts

Monday, September 24, 2007

First day of fall??


It's supposed to get up to 90 degrees here in Central Ohio. Kinda blows the first day of fall feeling out the window. Football weather means sweatshirts and flannels, not tank tops and shorts. I know, quit complaining, soon it will be freezing then I'll really have something to complain about. Did you have a nice weekend? We had a good time at the campground. Played in my 3rd ever horseshoe tournament. Didn't win it all, but I didn't go out in the first 2 rounds like I have in the past. I actually beat this years "most improved" player. Had a few lucky tosses and a good partner that carried me most of the way. But I did hit a ringer to win the game, so I was pretty proud of myself. Since I've only played 3 times.


Went through some major computer withdrawal though. Got home last night to a new kit to play with from Heather Manning Designs. If you like dirty and the grunge look, then this kit's for you. Take a sneak peek. There's a complete set of papers, torn and curled edges and elements with
alpha. It should be over at her store at DSO shortly. Here's a few layouts I did with it.

Well my Buckeye's had an awesome game on Sat. 58 to 7 against Northwestern. Now were are 4-0 and looking to improve that record on Saturday against Minnesota. It's at Minnesota this week and it's a night game! Time to party!!! Sat. was Ohio State's 500th game in the Shoe and it was a big event around here. But then again, all the games are. I love college football.

I'm sure I missed a lot of great freebies being gone this weekend. I'll see what I can find for tomorrow. Until then, scrap happy!

**-Diane

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sunset LO is beautiful, but I especially love your reflection in a puddle pic and LO. Gorgeous! I love the way you've looked in an unexpected place to find this beautiful scene. Love the grassy look of it too, and I am losing my fight with myself over Heather's awesome dirty kits she's making lately! I am on 5 CT's, not supposed to be buying anything, but... ug... I want them!

Deena said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! And i agree about this "fall" weather here in Illinois it's been the same way! BLAH!...Great layouts, that sunset pictures is absolutely gorgeous!!

absolutartist1 said...

That kit is yummy! Heather's stuff is awesome, and I would SOOO love to be on her CT, but 7 is enough for me! Slap my hand for even thinking about an 8th! LOL

In upstate NY the weather can't seem to make up its mind... 85 today - 56 tomorrow - 34 in between... YUCK! (But, hey - at least it isn't snowing - yet!)

Great LOs, and thanks for stopping by my blog! It's nice to have some "regulars"! [hugs]

Becki said...

Diane, how kind of you to comment on my layout at SBB and my blog, thank you!

Unfortunately, I cannot take credit for the idea, it was on Digi Dare a week or two ago.

If you do decide to do a layout like it, I would love to see it.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

That sunset layout is just breathtaking! :) And glad you had a wonderful weekend:) Thanks for stopping by earlier! Always happy to see you there!

Xo~