My Layouts

Friday, September 21, 2007

Poison Ivy & the Autumn Equinox

Well what started out as what I thought were spider bites, turned out to be a full blown case of poison ivy. Yuck! I've never had it before and it's not pleasant. What makes it worse is that because of a work situation, I couldn't go see my doctor for an extra 3 days. He wasn't happy I waited so long or scratched so much. Never in my life have I itched so much. I'd show you a picture, but I'm sure it's not the kind of thing you want to see so early in the morning. lol



I can't believe that Sunday is the first day of autumn. Summers always fly by so fast. There are only a few more weeks left before we have to close up the camper for the season. That's always a sad time. We've grown so close to so many people down there and those 5 months there's usually very little contact. But some the end of March us diehards are always there, freezing our arses off just to say we're camping. It's a strange but great breed of people. I really haven't seen anyone for almost a month due to family & work obligations and last time we went down, it rained all weekend and the place was very quite. Hoping the weatherman is right about his prediction for this weekend.


I've found a few blogs in my wanderings. There are so many digiscrapers out there! Here's a few freebies that I've found to share with you. In no particular order:




























Links to the freebies are in the preview. The first kit is from Raspberry Road. The frames are Lindsay Jane Designs, the other kit is by Princess Pamela Digitreats & both templates are from Rose MC Digital Designs. Make sure you leave the love. For some reason, i'm having issues getting Lindsay Jane's link on the preview. You can find the frames here!


Here are 2 freebies available on Scrappin Hillbilly's blog. One's a QP callendar made with her new kit Lil Bluebirch.




This is a layout I did after Ohio State's first game. My Aunt, cousin and her daughter came over to watch the game with me since there were issues with cable companies and The Big Ten Network. Gotta love Direct TV! Tomorrow's game against Northwestern should be a great game! Our defense is looking fabulous!!! Once we get our QB situation straight, we may be a contender. Let's hope!




Click on layout for credits.




And lastly, I want to show you all one of my favorite layouts I've done. It was for my CT gig for Heather Manning. She's such a sweetie and has some awesome products. Check out her store at DSO. Click the layout for credits. It's my nephew at our family reunion/picnic over Labor Day weekend.




I'm listening to digital radio on my satellite. I love that capability. I'm corny - I LOVE the 70's station! I've already heard some of my favorites from that era - "Cats in the Cradle" & "All By Myself". Right now it's the BeeGees. lol. It always seems to bring back fond memories from my childhood.




Well, guess I need to go work on some layouts since I'll be gone all weekend. Oh no, computer withdrawal. Hope yours is a terrific one and you have many blessed moments.




Until next time - scrap happy!




**-Diane

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! those are some amazing freebies! Great finds:) And I love BeeGees too! hehe

Have a great weekend! Enjoy:)

Anonymous said...

Ok, you just stay up there in Ohio, cuz I catch poison ivy by looking at it. LOL Seriously, got it bad when I was prego with Katiana. Started on my arm, spread to my face, my back, my legs, um...EVERYWHERE. And I wasn't naked in the woods, I swear. They ended up having to give me prednisone and pepcid for some reason. Oh, it itched. I was trying to avoid going to the hospital and taking everyone's advice, calamine, benydryl, scratching it raw, spraying it with lysol afterwords. Don't recommend that. It hurts! I was desperate and without insurance. I was finally in the ER one night it was so bad.

Hope yours goes away soon! Great layouts girl! The one you did with my stuff is one of my favorites of yours. I need to put it on my blog!

Anonymous said...

I love your all white LO!! It is so light and clean and airy! Beautiful. Sorry about the poison ivy. Yuck!

Donna B. Miller said...

Thanks for all the links. I love the way you used the white background in your layout. It's so crisp and fresh.