My Layouts

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Where are the parents?????

I woke up in a good mood this morning. Go figure. That lasted until the old man went out to his truck to leave for work. Then all I hear is, well let's just say he's screaming words I can't print here. We've had a rash of window smashing in our neighborhood in the past 2 weeks. Punk kids I'm sure. Well they got his truck last night and he's mad as a hornet. He didn't get home until about 10 and I didn't go to sleep until after the 11 o'clock news. So why are kids roaming the streets after 11:30 at night? Where are their parents? I just don't get it. In my day, you had to be in when the street lights came on. The only way I got to stay out that late was if I was at work. The kids in our area are roaming all hours. It drives my dogs nuts. They bark at everybody that walks by our house and even those across the street sometimes. Unfortunately they sleep in the room with us, so they didn't hear anything to alert us. It will break my heart to lock Carmen out of my room, she sleeps on the floor right at the edge of the bed. But I think that's what it will come too. Unless I can get Shannon to sleep on the couch, but he sleeps like the dead. Anyway, I've been dealing with the CPD to get a report filed that will do nothing for us because we only carry liability on that vehicle.




Everyone's blogging, but few freebies today. Here's a few I found. I thought that I'd go ahead and give you a preview. The frames are from KimB Designs & the QP is from Wenchd Grafix. Click on the preview to go to their blog for download.




Any Dale Jr. fans out there? What do you think of his car # and sponsor change? I'm not sure I can picture him in any color car other than red. I think that Hendrick Motorsports will be good for him. Now it's his turn to prove that he can drive. I think he'll do just fine. Big game Saturday vs. Northwestern to start the Big Ten season. There's been alot of hoopla regarding the schools decision to show games on the Big Ten Network. A few of the cable companies here aren't carrying it. But I have (and love) my Direct TV so I don't have to worry.


Until next time- scrap happy


**-Diane

4 comments:

absolutartist1 said...

So sorry to hear of that! We had our landlord's son break our windsheild (by accident) with a football when we lived on Long Island so I can totally understand where you're coming from with this...

Hope things get better! [hugs]

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the windows on your car! That just stinks, what a huge hassle! I hope your insurance will cover it. As for the kids roaming out there? I have no idea, I'm just glad I can trust my son not to get up to any madness like that. Thank GOD I have a good boy.

Mary said...

Darn some people really suck... I could go on forever about youth but I'll be here forever ;)...
Hope things get better

Michelle Filo said...

oh, sorry to hear about the crazy kids in your area.. sad isnt it?
thanks for stoping by my blog and leaving a comment :)