My Layouts

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My little corner of the world

I started literally from scratch. I was not a paper scrapper. I had no graphic design experience, heck very little art experience. I was in the true sense of the word a "newbie". I feel quite fortunate to have found a home where newbies are welcomed and encouraged. I was guided gently around the vast world by some very caring people. People who I will now follow to the ends of the scrapping world. Now I'm branching out. I'm seeing that this scrapping community is much like our own world - huge and varied. I've found sites that are much like my home site, welcoming to all. I've found sites where being a "newbie" trying to break into their little circle is almost a sin and greatly impossible. Now I know that I'm not a "wow" scrapper, I'm not an up and coming designer, heck I haven't even started to give my "creations" away. But I am a member of this community. My blog may be insignificant now, but one day, who knows. If you are reading this, Thank you. These comments are not directed at you. The ones who need to read it, never will. But I know that I've gotten it off my chest. If you are reading this, ask yourself one thing- What did I do today to make someone feel welcome in my community? Leave some love on a layout? Post a welcome on a forum? Leave a comment on the blog of a designer who always has freebies for everyone. Say hello to someone who stopped by my blog? Everyone is new at some point in their life. Remember how you felt, who helped you along and spread that feeling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!
I'm a newbie in the scrapping world too. I've been scrapping since January, designing now for a couple months ... but I've started up one of those sites where we hope to welcome everyone warmly! I love to design ... and I love to make new friends!
Maybe those who need to read what you've written will never come here, but know that you've reached at least one person!!