My Layouts

Friday, September 28, 2007

What is this world coming to???????

Great night for tv. I have 5 hours of tv shows packed into 3 hours. Thank God for tivo. Get through Survivor, kinda boring if you ask me. Get through Grey's, until the Christina tells Alex that she misses Burke and bam. I hear a noise. Shannon is out of bed and flying out the door. Our neighbors across the street tell us that someone just hit our cars and took off, her husband and a friend who's a cop hot on their tails in pursuit. Turns out they didn't hit just 1 but 2 and took off both driver's side mirrors. Shannon, well he jumps in his truck and goes looking for anyone. Then a different person flies by us at about 45 miles and hour. Now, Shannon, he's pissed off, so he jumps in his truck and goes down to the apt. complex and yells at her to slow down. The cops come and we all stand outside for about 45 minutes trying to piece together what happened. So I come back in and it's 10 minutes til the template crop at SBB. Finished that off, great template by the way. And all of a sudden I hear 3 gunshots and a car peeling away. After crawling off the floor and calling 911, we spent another hour outside with the cops. Luckily nothing was hit. We think it may just have been a retaliation for his yelling. Now I know that his yelling was not the right thing to do, but why WHY would anyone try to solve anything with firing a gun? I just don't get it. Now I don't live in a bad neighborhood. As a matter of fact, the office that came out said it's been over 9 months since he's been called out to our subdivision. I just don't get it.

In light of these events, I don't know if I'll get any freebies or layouts posted. It's already 1 am and I know that 7 will come real soon. If I get any sleep at all. Check back on Sat. The drama's bound to die down.

Until then, scrap happy.
Diane

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Diane, that is horrible! Where do you live?! My goodness, I'm glad nobody was hurt, and NO amount of yelling is grounds for somebody shooting at you! I am shocked! Stay safe, alright, and worry about freebies some other time.
Gosh, I'm glad you are okay. Is insurance going to fix the cars?
Take CARE!

Anonymous said...

OMG Diane...that sounds terrible...what a helluva nite!!!! Glad things are ok now...I didnt get to see grey's..i would love to find out what happened. Ok...well, have a great weekend!!!

absolutartist1 said...

[hugs] Sounds like you didn't get much sleep either, Diane! So very sorry to hear of this, and don't worry about any freebie lists - you come first.

Try to have a better day!

Donna B. Miller said...

What a horrific night! I hope the police are able to find the culprits.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Diane! what in the world?? I'm so glad you are ok! That's all scary!

Ok, I've got something for you on my blog girlie!