My Layouts

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Obsessed and a grab bag rak

Good morning. It's snowing a little bit here and I swear that with the little bit of precipitation people here lose their ability to drive. I don't get it at all. There's about an inch of snow and it took me 15 minutes to turn left off the main street I live on. Anyway, the snow isn't the problem, the people who forget how to drive in it is.

So I've become obsessed with blending and the fact that I seem to be unable to grasp the process well enough to make a decent attempt at it. So here's one I did this morning since I woke up early. The kit is Flergs Deacon's Closet with recolored flowers. Anyone have an easy step by step tut that you can link me to. I see so many people who do this so beautifully and I want to do it too. Blending envy, how funny.



Look, Heather has a new grab bag out. 5 new products for only $2.75. Go check out the CT blog for an opportunity to win this fabulous grab bag. I will randomly pick 1 person from those people who leave a comment on the CT blog. I'll announce the winner here on Thursday. Also check out the great challenge that Charlize has posted at the blog. It's a "now and then" challenge and there will also be a random winner for a $5 GC there too. Heather is being sooooo generous.

Enjoy your day all!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that that is a beautiful layout! I wish I could help you with blending in PS, but I only know how to do it in PSP.

And thank you for telling them about my grab bag and the contest! I'm all excited!

Maggie Lamarre said...

I understand about the snow, it's the same here, they do the same thing in the rain, running red lights etc..
Maggie

Anonymous said...

Morning Grand Poobah!!! Just swinging through the snow to wish you a Happy Day!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We might have snow here tomorrow:) Let's see! hehe Love that scraps,Diane! and I have something for you in my bloggy!
http://yennygirl.com/?p=1645

BHo said...

Lovely layouts! No tuts here, I just taught myself. Keep practicing, it's pretty easy!

I hear ya on the snow. Morons galore down here too. Sheesh. Beware the White Death! ! ! ! !

absolutartist1 said...

It is a gorgeous LO! Umm, in general terms I would say you probably should have lowered the contrast on the photo, and created two layers for the blending - 1 of all of him, and a second of just his face so more of the detail showed...

We're not buried in the snow again yet, but what did come down came down HARD and fast. You know - the swirly kind your headlights make into a curtain?!? LOL

Lisa Joy said...

That is a great layout!
Have you tried to play with the blending modes? Not sure what program you use but that is how i have done blending in PSE5

Robin L said...

I understand about snow and people driving. Drives me nuts! If you cant drive in snow stay home when it snow geez!