My Layouts

Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday, Friday, TGIF

Good morning. It's early here still. I got up to let the dogs out and decided to sit down at the computer and get some work done. Never fails. So I figured I'd come by and leave a happy TGIF message here. I am soooooooo glad it's Friday. 'nough said!

Last night Shannon and I went to see his niece play basketball. It's the first game of the season we've gotten to see and just about the last game of the season. It was a good defensive game, but they lost. It's her Senior season and it hasn't been a good one. The first 3 years she played on this team they had a 6 foot 3 guard who they parked under the basket. They won titles all 3 years, so this year is a big disappointment to her. And she sprained her ankle but tried to play through the pain. She wasn't in a good mood by the time I got to talk to her. And all she really wanted was some sympathy from her uncle and the blockhead didn't realize it. Men are so dense sometimes.

So while I was playing at DST with the grab Heather's grab bag game, I got myself some goodies too. Look.
This adorable Valentine's kit from Designs by Shelle
And this cute alpha by Tangie Baxter. There were quite a few others that I would have loved to have gotten, but can't get greedy. I find that a bit of Karma is good for the soul. Whenever Heather lets me give away her goodies, I get goodies in return. The other thing I've learned is that up to yesterday, everyone I've rak'd had done a turn on Heather's CT as a guest. We'll see if the trend continues.

I got the nicest Thank You card in the mail yesterday from my SIL parents. I changed a few of the photos on the calendar I did for my mom and my SIL ordered one for her parents. They are major paper scrappers and I am so in awe of what they can do. For her to be impressed with my digiscrapping skills (as basic as they are) and to say so really made my day.

Don't forget Heather's grab bag is on sale at her store until the 29th. I hope to get to play with it just a little bit more this weekend. Working on a great challenge for her CT blog for the beginning of Feb. Hope you'll keep an eye out for it.

Enjoy your weekend all. Happy scrapping!

7 comments:

gabs-art said...

thanks for all those great infos!

Mary said...

Congrats on the goodies ;) Have a great friday :)

Scrapmuch said...

that is an adorable alpha - great find! have a great Friday!

Kristine said...

Swingin' in to wish you a great weekend!!!! Will try and perv up your box later...(sound so naughty doesnt it?)Bwahahahahahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Wow! 6'3"? in high school! That's awesome! Taller than Pato! (6'2") and way taller than me (5'4"). Ok, don't know why that just amazed me so much. LOL

I'm sorry she lost her game. Hope her ankle feels better!

Those are gorgeous products you got yourself there!

Have a great weekend Diane!

BHo said...

Sorry about the game and your niece's ankle. I think that's awesome that you two went to see her play.

Great goodies today, Diane! Have a super weekend!

absolutartist1 said...

Droppin' by to leave ya' some love, and say "I MISS YOU!" I guess I'll have to start getting those posts done earlier in the morning, huh?!?! LOL

It's awesome that your SIL took the time to send a thank you. In some ways paper scrapping is harder, but in many ways much easier - while messier!

Hope today went quickly for you! [hugs]