My Layouts

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

UGH! It's gonna be a bit*h post

I don't know where to start. But I'll warn you now, this is gonna be a bitch post. I guess we'll start with scrapping. Somehow, some way I messed up my PSE. I can't get the catalog to open. For those of you who don't have PSE, the catalog is the area that holds all the papers and pictures and from there you put them into the editor area. I don't know if it's called the same thing on other programs. I tried to do a system restore, didn't help. I went to do a repair under the unistall area, didn't help. So I removed PSE and reinstalled it. No problem, until it wouldn't take the serial number. It says it's invalid. It has been loaded into 2 computers already. I'm trying to reinstall it again. I'm not pleased.

For 2 days in a row now the person below me on the DST blog train has bothered to leave comments, therefore I doubt they even stopped by the blog. Isn't that the whole purpose of the train? I know that there are days that I don't get back by everyone who's stopped in here, but I always, always get the person above me. And it wasn't like they were new to the train and didn't understand the concept of it. I was really ticked off and gonna raise a big bitch about it (other than posting it here) but then figured that even if the person below me didn't stop by, so many of you did. So thank you, you have restored my faith in the blog train.

And finally, what really set me off at 1:30 this morning, as the dogs whined to be let outside, was that there was at least 1 inch of snow of the ground. It was 65 degrees here on Monday. I am so tired, so very tired of this snow. And we're supposed to get more this weekend. Is Spring ever going to come???????

So there's my humpday bitchfest for you all. Thanks for stopping by and comisserating with me. Hope you all have terrific days!

14 comments:

Mary said...

So sorry to hear about the PSE that would bum anyone out and that you didn't get the post 2 days in a row, I for one have to say that DST was acting really wonky for me and b/c I log in at work I can't wait 5 mins for a page to load so I did miss some blogs yesterday but I came out in full force today ;) Not sure if it was me or not but I'm just saying, LOL cuz I didn't even get to pm someone for something else. Just a thought, K

Have a great day
Mary

Kristine said...

Morning sweety! I hear ya about teh snow...we got nailed with 5" of ice last night and the schools are close 'cuz they are calling for 6" of snow on top of the ice......can I come to your house for margueritas?

Unknown said...

Sorry about your PSE problems. I use PSE but have no clue what to do if something were to go wrong.

The weather seems to be crazy st the moment, but things are definitely warming up here in Ireland (well, "warm" is a relative term!)

Leigh said...

I do not know what is up with your PSE! But I would be beside myself if it wasn't working. Hope you get it fixed before you pull all your hair out! And don't worry about a lil' biotch fest. It just feels good sometimes! And poop to that person who didn't comment...I'm fairly certain it wasn't me (hehehe). They should be ashamed of themselves.

Teresa said...

Oh that stinks that the person beneath you did that and two days in a row :( Hope today they already have! :)

Pea in a Pod said...

Well, I sure know it wasn't me :) Sorry about your PSE though..I know the feeling! Have a nice day,Diane!

DawnMarch said...

I think anyone who's computer acts up gets a free bitch fest (but then we'd all be bitching all the time I suppose). I have PSCS3 and it has a problem with jpegs! It occasionally freaks out when trying to open a jpeg and then it won't open ANY jpegs and shuts itself down every time. Then I have to reinstall it. GRRRR.

Have you seen that video of various real office workers finally losing it and smashing their computers? I feel that way on many occasions.

Anyhow, hope you get it figured out.

Jackie said...

*great big hugs* I hope PSE works for you. You figure yours out, come figure out why mine freezes up, K? and I'm with ya on wondering if Spring's ever gonna spring. We were in the 70's over the weekend, then in the high teens, low 20's Monday. SUCKS ROCKS. Grab a Carman & a Jazi & curl up on the couch & stay warm.

AfriDigiDiva said...

Bitch on! It does a body good to get it out of their system. Much better to dump it than to harbor and let it fester. I bitched today too. Sometimes that's what you have to do!

Robin L said...

No clue about PSE so I cant help you out hon so sorry. This am hubby came in to wake me up and inform me that we are getting snow here too and I asked when is spring coming? Im with you on being ready for spring! I hope your day goes better.

Anonymous said...

Man, I really shouldn't have sent you that snow. :o( I'm sorry!

And I know other people who have had that problem and they called Adobe who got it straightened out. (the serial number thing)

I hope it works!

(((hugs)))

Ava in Wonderland said...

Aw man that bites, both the PSE and the blog train thing. :( I always try to get the person above me and everyone that leaves a comment on my blog!

Barb said...

The PSE thing would make me nuts too. Been there, done that.

As for the blog thing, I can totally relate. I think there are a bunch of people on that train who won't read or leave comments on my blog strictly because 1) I don't talk about scrapbooking every day, all of the time and 2) I don't give away freebies (see item #1). People just skip over me all of the time, even when I leave comments for them. THEIR LOSS. I actually think I have a blog that's somewhat entertaining. Well, at least most days.

absolutartist1 said...

Ugh, hon... So sorry I couldn't help more. If you haven't it sounds like you'll need to email Adobe. I know they got super-sensitive about piracy about 5 years ago and tightened up their registration security, but you should be able to uninstall and reinstall on the same pc without that issue.

The blog train issue - well I've had the same issue a few times, and ironically enough it was always a specific designer who followed me...

TOTALLY understand about the weather. I thought we had a shot at spring yesterday, and then we had freezing rain all night starting at about 11pm...

Anywho - hope today goes better for ya'! [hugs]