My Layouts

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thank you

Many thanks to all of you who responded to my bitchfest yesterday. I guess I need to learn not to focus on those people who can't seem to follow rules. I have issues with that to irl. So 1 person who takes part in the DST train didn't stop by. I'm so happy that 14 other people who were not right below me did. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

My computer issues went from bad to really bad. I was working on a fix for my organizer issue and found that all of my photos are gone. That's not really bad because I have them on back up discs and the most recent ones are still on my memory card, here in my office (the camera is floating around Florida right now) I now have an extra 70GB of space on my hard drive too. Who knew that photos took up so much room. Oh, everyone but me. Anyway with the fix that allowed me to get into the organizer, it wouldn't let me pull any photos over. What kind of fix is that? So I played around a little more and nothing worked. I uninstalled and downloaded PSE6. Same issue. So it's not the software, it's something else. I'm gonna have to call support today. Fun,fun,fun.

"Man plans and God laughs" has become my favorite saying lately. I had planned to do a simple layout to post here today. It would have been my daddy's 64th birthday. Then I figured that I'd put a picture of the two of us here. Well as you see no photos. So no public memorandum to celebrate. So I'll just add that I miss him very much.

Hope that you all have a great day. More snow forecasted for us in the morning. Thanks for stopping by again today.

12 comments:

Azrood said...

{{hugs}} I'm sorry that you're having a bit of a rough patch. Hopefully you'll be able to get all of those tech. issues resolved (and without having to spend 10 hours on the phone with the support folks). Here's to hoping that you have an awesome day! :)

Barb said...

Computer problems are such a pain. It's not right that we're so dependent on them lately, is it? I'm glad that you still have your photos...thank goodess for good backups! I think I'll do more of that today myself.

Beware, the White Death is coming again! I am SO over winter.

Miranda Barten said...

sorry to read about all your computerproblems..might drive me crazy..lol...

Make this day a special day for your dad!

Amanda said...

Ugh on the catalog. I can't get it to work in PSE5, never have, so I just don't use it.

I hear you on the snow too. If you want to feel better, visit my blog and check out the pics of the flooding we had yesterday. We need the next system to be snow, and not the rain they're forecasting.

I hope today is better for you!

Moon Scraps said...

There's nothing worse then loose photos... It's good to know you have backups! I have a dedicated server @ home with a hard disk just for the photos. Great Blog btw
Cheers

Kristine said...

Morning sweety! Sending huge hugs your way...just because dammit!
{{Poobah}}

Have a great day!

Flergs said...

OMG Diane I pray to GOD you aren't talking about me!!!! please please please!!! I know I owe you a comment and that is why I came, then I see the b*tchfest and feel sooooo bad! But I seriously knew I 'owed' you one and came as soon as I had time.

Oh goodness I feel so bad, I really think I am the cause of this :(

And I totally GET the computer problems. I have had it up to here with mine! Crazy!!

I can't believe it is snowing there! I am sitting with an air con on! crazy.......

Anonymous said...

Oh hon, I wish I could give you a fix to your computer. :o( Hopefully they can help you get it working.
(((Hugs)))
Heather

Unknown said...

What is with this weather? We have been alternating between spring like conditions and snow/ice. That's just silly. You are a very good girl for remembering to back up your drive, I really need to do that.
Man, here's some fairy dust for your cpu, sounds like maybe only magic can save you from the aich-ee-double-toothpicks of tech support!
Take care, Diane!

Anonymous said...

Hi honey!!! I totally understand your issues with your computer!!! In fact, I am on hold as I write this with Dell Support! It seems that my laptop that I got for Christmas, loves the "blue screen"....and crashing while I am creating is not making me a very happy camper....
I have missed coming daily and hearing your rants, but I will do my best to get over here more often...
Stop my my blog, I have some new pic's of Aiden....

Talk to you later sweetie, and hugs to you!!!

AfriDigiDiva said...

Diane, never apologize for dumping out the crap. It takes someone brave to be able to get rid of it. Most would just let it sit and fester and that certainly isn't healthy!

Robin L said...

ah I hope you can get your pc fixed soon. Maybe just maybe you wont get much snow and please be kind and keep it your way lol Thats so sweet to remember your dad today and even tho I dont know him Ill think of him today.