My Layouts

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Eating crow and getting tagged

I guess that eating crow is never fun, but can be important to do sometimes. I'm sure that some of you will remmeber my big bitchfest the other day. Well, I got so wrapped up in my own issues that I forgot that real life is a little more pressing sometimes. I owe Megan an apology for jumping to conclusions and then bitching about it.

Also Barb tagged me so I have to come up with 7 things you may not know about me. And I have no idea what to tell you. So I may come up short. But here goes.

1) I've lived in 4 different states - Kansas, Michigan, Florida & Ohio. Ok, that's boring. I quit school to go live on the beach in Florida. All I had was a job, I went down by myself. I lasted a year.

2) On spring break, my senior year in high school I was on Entertainment Tonight and recognized in 6 different states. I was a Prince freak and went to the opening concert of his Purple Rain tour in Detroit and the final show in Miami. I was interviewed cuz I traveled so far.

3) My second car was a 1975 Pontiac Lemans and boy was it fast! It was also the size of a small boat.

4) I've seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show 138 times in the movie theater. It used to be the weekend thing to do when I was in high school. I think I've seen it sober maybe twice.

5) I'm very computer illiterate. I used to think I know a lot until I tried to master PSE, vista and FTP on my other blog. Now it just gives me a headache.

6) I'm a Gemini and it shows.

7) It's actually 10 minutes til midnight Thursday night and I should have been in bed an hour ago. I'm a real bitch if I don't get 8 hours of sleep.

So now I get to tag people - HA! Kristine ya wench; Heather; Cate; & Andrea. The usual suspects.

Oh yeah, my PSE issues are still here. I uploaded 6 and still couldnt use the Organizer, so I deleted that and reinstalled 5, disabling the active file monitor. I can't pull photos over but I can drag and drop so that's what I plan to do, for now.

Snow update - the weathermen here don't know anything. They forcast either 4-6 or 6-12 inches. Either way, I think we're getting snow. So Meg, if you're reading this today, I'd trade you your a.c. for a snowball anyday.

Have a great weekend all!!!!

Edit: It's early morning and my usual blog time. My head is pounding cuz of the weather change but a bit clearer. I thought I'd let you know that I'm able to scrap again. I've been working on a page for the last half hour.

Yesterday was really rough for me personally. I thought I'd be ok until someone was actually nice to me. I went into the florist in the strip mall where my office is. I was early for work and thought that maybe some flowers would cheer me up. The florist is a really nice guy and we've talked on several occasions. We'll I lost it right in the middle of the store. How embarrasing is it to cry in front of people. We'll being the sweet guy he was, he special ordered me my favorites, daffadils. He made this gorgeous arrangement and brought them down to the office for me. Then only charged me his cost. I wish I had my camera, I'd have taken a picture of them to share for everyone else who is so sick of winter they could just spit. They are so beautiful and I really can't wait to go back into the office to see them. I figure that it'll be another 3 weeks before the ones planted in my yard bloom. My crocus are up but I'm sure the snow will knock them all back down.

Ok, all you other LOSTies out there, what did you think of last night's show? Personally it bored me. And confused me (what else is new). Is Ben a good guy or a bad guy? Is Widmore a good guy or a bad guy? And how can Jack love Kate and kiss Juilet? I'm not a fan of either Kate or Juilet. And I was really getting upset as it neared the end and no scene's with Sawyer. So very glad to see him at the end. Sweet dreams for me. Can't wait for next weeks show!!!

Ok, off to try to finish this layout. Have a great day all.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I am always confused by Lost!

Lovely you got some daffodils, and yes - I cry when someone is nice to me if I am having a bad day too.

Hope you have a good weekend.

Barb said...

Oh Diane, I'm sorry that you lost it in the florist's shop. But how nice is it that you had a sympathetic soul there to cheer you up. That was so nice of him. I hope you're feeling better today.

Lost is confusing. They're losing me. I was bored too and missing some Sawyer...I did perk up at the end there.

Beware the White Death....a FOOT here in Cincinnati today. That's nuts.

Kristine said...

Have done the tag and will post it shortly....

Sorry you had such a rough day hun....florist sounds like he was a life saver. I would have kissed him and cried some more.

Lisa Habisreutinger said...

I'm with you on the Lost comments!

Flergs said...

I still love ya!

I LOVE LOST , but we are a week behind. Just had the whole time warp episode! wowser how confusing.

Hope you have a better week next week. And get happy girly! I know it's easier said than done.

Anonymous said...

The blogger is messing up....I m trying to send you HUGS and keep getting an error!!!

{UGH}

DawnMarch said...

That was so sweet of your florist friend! I hope things are looking up today! It sure sounds like you are ready for spring!

AfriDigiDiva said...

I had to eat crow and humble pie and get the egg off my face too! But you know what, we're courageous. Few people, unfortunately are willing to admit a mistake.

absolutartist1 said...

Hey, hon... I hope everything's ok... I'll have to post my tah answers tomorrow - IF I can remember to do it! LOL

Megs wasn't the designer who left me in the lurch twice - it was someone else.

I'm hoping you've managed to get PSE tamed as we need to see your LOS!!! BTW - if you haven't stopped by Julie posted at SDD... You'll want to check it out.

Sending huge HUGS!!!

Thena said...

I've never watched Lost and I guess it is too late to start now, huh?

Hope you are having a wonderful day and that each day gets better and better!
Hugs,
Thena