My Layouts

Monday, February 4, 2008

Hope your weekend was terrific!

So how was your weekend?
Much thanks to all of you who wishing good weather for me. I got up and on the road at 6 am Sat. morning for the drive up north. And the roads, well they were all clear with very little snow even on the grass until I crossed the state border. I guess the weatherman here needs to find another line of work. All doom & gloom for nothing.

I got to wander through my old high school waiting for Josh's music competition to start. A lot of ghosts there, but a lot of good, happy memories too. Josh has only been playing the bass for about 4 months now. The darn thing is bigger than he is. He was part of an enseble group that hasn't been playing together very long too. I think he would have done much better if he'd gone in as a solo artist. They got a 3 rating out of 5, but it was the first 3 that judge had given out all day. They played well, just not together. But I was very, very proud of him.

Here's some pictures I thought I'd share. I have millions of them.




That's me & my best friend of 30 years, Alisa. I don't get a chance to see her as often as I wish I could. She came and spent part of the day at my brothers with us.

I took my Shutterfly book and everyone loved it. That made me feel so good. We spent about a hour right before I left rearranging what all I had in my Shutterfly downloads and did another book for my SIL, her mom & my mom. I may not be able to get them over to the dark side, but I definately have them hooked on Shutterfly. I got to see my SIL's books in progress for Addi and the Christmas book. Paper is such a different medium. Sometimes I wish I could do that too, but I hear of the mess and the cost and just am so glad I have my digi world.

Since I didn't leave on Friday night after work, I got a little CT stuff done. This is Em at 9 months. So hard to believe since we just celebrated her 3rd birthday.

Credits: Cherie Shields ~Chloe collection; alpha is Charming to Me; swirls from Chai Latte.

I have just a ton of photos to play with now. Not only the ones I just took, but my SIL mother gave me the ones she's taken since Halloween and my brother loaded his onto my zip drive. I'll be in digi heaven soon.

Speaking of digi heaven, did you grab any of those fab grab bags this weekend? Of course, Heather's was wonderful. I was also really impressed with Kiki's first bag. I'm so glad that I'm a guest for her CT this month. I also grabbed Blythe's and it was just packed to the brim. I found out at OAKS that you can never go wrong with Blythe's bags. I also grabbed LauraKathi's. Did you get any that I didn't mention and if so, tell a little about them.

I didn't watch any of the Superbowl last night. I was driving home during the first half, uploading pictures during the half time show, and sleeping during the end of the game. I did roll over and see that surprise, the Giants won. So did I miss any awesome commercials? Tell me your fave.

I got my hair cut Sat. morning too. Heather's issues last week in finding a good stylist made me go see my old shop. While the lady who used to cut mine 13 years ago was there, she couldn't get me in, but the same lady who cuts Em's hair did mine. She's cut it before and we went to school together. So now I gotta go blow it dry, at least once. No before or after photos. It wasn't a dramatic cut, just getting rid of the dead ends and even deader color. So I'm off to jump in the shower and head to work. Wish I could stay home and play. Oh well. I'll check on you all tonight.
Have a great Monday!

8 comments:

Kristine said...

Yayyyyyyyy!!! She's back!!!!! I missed you!!!!!

Doin' a happy dork dance all over your blog.....

Nina said...

gorgeous layouts and pictures.
have a great day
nina
http://www.ninascraps.de/blog/

Robin L said...

Welcome back hon! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Im glad you didnt have to drive in bad weather. Cute pictures and wonderful lo thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to go and had a good time! Great pictures!!!!!

I posted a before and after layout today! Woohoo me! LOL

And, another GB I recommend, MelGen's at crap, I think I got it at OScraps. I love the papers!

absolutartist1 said...

Well, I would say mornin', but I think we all ready covered that!?! LOL Glad you had a good weekend, and GREAT that you got tons more photos! Isn't it great when family finally starts to "get" it, and provides material?!

I have 1 grab bag on my blog you didn't get... Later!

Pea in a Pod said...

Awesome photos with the kids here,Diane! Glad you had a fab weekend:)

Azrood said...

I'm glad that you had a good trip and that you're back home safe and sound! Can't wait to see all the layouts you do with your new photos! :)

Barb said...

Great pics, great layouts! Glad you made it okay. The weather reports were a big bust here....we got nothing (which was fine with me!)