My Layouts

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Humpday!

Well, the weeks almost half over. That brings us one day closer to Christmas and the New Year. I ran into Kolh's yesterday looking for the mixer on a stand that my mom wants. They had plenty and on sale but they were the Kitchen Aid $299 ones. Now I can cook and am pretty good at it, but don't do it too often. I want to know why anyone needs a $400 mixed? I just don't get it. Does it make the food taste better? Now mom already knows that she's not getting one of those. She'd probably have a heart attack if she opened it up and then would be yelling at me for wasting money. I'm heading to Target after a Christmas dinner tonight. It's Shannon's company dinner. Always a nice time.


Have you been over to check out Heather's new and improved storefront yet? Well what are you waiting for? If you wait too long, you'll miss her grand reopening/birthday sale. So make sure you stop by and look around. All the good stuff without any calories.
And if you're looking for the QP's go down to the next two posts. If you use them, please make sure that you are crediting the designer of the product used- Heather Manning. I just threw together her fabulous products.


Did I show you this layout I did over the weekend? Well, if I did, sorry but you have to look at it again, lol. This Santa is an ornament from my childhood, he looks a little strange in the photo. He's got those eyes that move. I can't think what they call that. But I used DigiDiva's Color Revolution Ravishing in Red collection with a paper from Ann Marie's Christmas Sampler (which you can get free at OAKS). Just one of the many goodies I've gotten from a generous Santa lately.



Not really a whole lot left to say. Yen, the sweetheart that she is sent me an email to thank me for stopping by her blog while she was away. Now this is one classy lady. She's a new mom, has 3 or 4 blogs, does the pay per post, posted a mass thank you to several boards and yet is making an attempt to personally thank those who care about her. This is what I like about the scrapping community. It warms my heart to see that so many people care not only about her, but all of us. And it almost makes up for the nasty, swarmy remarks people are making on the blogs for Christmas around the World that was organized. I just don't understand people sometimes. Designers go out of their way to make something for FREE and people degrade it, steal it or are just nasty about it? I just don't understand people. Ah the great mysteries of life. I know I was having an issue with one particular upload and I left a comment on a blog. I don't believe it was a nasty one, actually I'm sure it wasn't cuz the designer came over here to let me know that if I can't get it through 4shared, then she'd find another way. That's class too!!



Ok, rambled long enough. Gotta jump in the shower for work. Have a great Humpday and don't forget to go check on the Humpday honeys freebies. Start at Kristine's.
Until next time, scrap happy!!!

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Morning Diane!

Slim pickins this week for funnies...I'll see what I can find for ya though!

Have an awesome day! :D
xoxo
Me

Leigh said...

I have that mixer, but I got it at Amazon.com a few years back with free shipping and it was way cheaper than I could get it at any store!!!
I love my kitchen aid. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Just had to give a vote for your mom. Not that you have to get it for her! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Their slamming on the kit now??? What the heck! I don't understand at all. The pieces I have seen in my blog journeys have been beautiful. I'm getting so tired of the hate and complaining. If you don't like something, don't buy it, don't download it. Nobody is pointing a gun to your head making you do it. GRRRRRR.

And I want one of those mixers. You mean it won't make my food taste better? ROFL I don't know why I want one. Probably because I grew up with my grandma's kitchen aid and I just want one for the memories. Though, seriously, I think Pato would leave me if I spent that much on a mixer, when I don't cook that much. ROFL

Great layout!!!!!

Monique said...

Well, I have a Kitchen Aid... why? Because my mom has a Kitchen Aid, and hers is still going strong after having it and using it a lot for at least 20 years now. So to me it was worth it, I love it. But that's just my opinion, if it's not going to get that much use then by all means get something a lot less expensive... there are plenty of other great name brands for mixers with much lower price tags. Have a great day, happy holidays!

absolutartist1 said...

Mornin', lady!

Gram always had the same mixer as far as I can remember, but the only one I have is a handheld.

So far this morning I've explained my financial mess to a paralegal, set up a signing appt for the 28th so (maybe) this can get done by the middle of January, fought with Mike 'casue he wants to move back to LI, and started work... Overall I'd like to go back to bed... Sorry to dump. Hope your day goes better than mine started.

Steph.Gibson said...

The digi world seems to be one of extremes. Don't know sometimes why people just can't be grateful. Great layout.