My Layouts

Monday, November 26, 2007

Did you survive the long holiday weekend?

Hi there,

Well, all the turkey is gone, the shopping is half done, the house is still in the same mess as it was before. But the calender is done and ordered. Yeah!!! Now I just need Shutterfly not to give me a hard time with one set of photos. The copyright issue. My brother always makes arrangements to get a release for the photos that the family gets taken, but it would take me awhile to get it from him and such. I may need to redo that page. I should have done that before I sent it in, but I was so darn tired of this thing. I think it'll turn out pretty good. Here, what do you think?

The cover.These are just some of my favorite pages. It'll be a gift for my mom. It's all pages of my nieces and nephew, with one page of my dogs.

I also made sure I did some CT work and played around with Heather's new Christmas kits.
That's my niece first Christmas.This is a great kit!! I love all the color and the elements are awesome. There's lots of word art in there too.
This one was done with Icy Sparkles, but I don't have the preview on the puter here right now, so I'll show you Blue Christmas. I love the frame she has in this one. You can see it on the lo with my niece. Lots of fun stuff to play with in all 3 kits that will make the winter holiday and months great to scrap. It'll be interesting to see what she comes up with for New Years.
Cyber Monday is today. I'm really hoping that the retailers all see that free shipping is the most important part of this day. I went to Toys R Us looking for the Disney Princess Castle, only to be told you have to order it online. We'll they want 8 dollars to ship it. Now the warehouse is here in the area. Go figure. I may have to adjust and get a different one from Walmart, where you can ship it to their store for pick up.
If you're in for the card exchange, email me at carjaziscraps at gmail dot com. (you know the routine) and we'll get email addresses for everyone who wants to participate. With the economy in the tank, I think this is better than trying to do a secret Santa.
Don't forget that this is the last week for this months challenges. I know that I slacked off this month big time but hopefully you didn't. Check out Digital Scrap Garden for their great challenges and if you haven't joined, do so. They've got a terrific new members kit. For the challenges at DSO, check Kristine's blog out. She's got a link for them all a few days back. Plus today is the official first day for Andrea over there!! I'll just bet she's got something cooking for this terrific event. I know there's a chat tonight too. Stop by OAKS to check out their challenges. Super easy and they're running a point system so you can shop at the store and get what you want. You accumulate points based on completing challenges.
Make sure you stop by and say hi to Yen. She's anxiously awaiting the arrival of her new little one. I'm sure that she's much more excited, but I can't wait for her to have her baby. She's really included her pregnancy in her blog and it's been fun to watch. Plus she takes the most awesome photos. Can't wait to see the ones she'll take of her little one.
Ok, time to get ready for work. If you know of any terrific Cyber Monday sales in the scrappin world, post em in the comment section.
Until next time, scrap happy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning Diane!!! Hope you had a great weekend!

Mwah!

Anonymous said...

Hey, You! Great calendar! I need to dig into Heather's grungy X-mas kit, I'm sure it's awesome. It's good to be back to bloggin, isn't it!
Big hugs!

Mom2aTrio (JZDesigns) said...

Awesome calendar! I agree cyber monday should have free shipping NO MATTER WHAT

Anonymous said...

WOW Diane! Great layouts! They are gorgeous!

Plain Digital Wrapper is having a huge sale this week, and all my stuff is 40% off! Woohoo! LOL

Have a wonderful Monday! Off to check on Yen!

absolutartist1 said...

Mornin', hon!

The calendar looks GREAT! Hello me anytime! That really wasn't my issue yesterday! LOL

This deal isn't as good as Friday's, but check it out:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2201216&CatId=136

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! I love those pages you made! I suck on scrapping department this days..lol No peanut yet..sigh..

Anyway, have a great day! And love that kits of Heather:)

Xo~