My Layouts

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Grey & Dreary all week

Hi there,
If you hadn't guessed from my title, the weather here is less than perfect. I guess I really shouldn't complain too much. It's not snow. Ok, the first snowfall of the year and snow on Christmas is about all the snow I like. And the first snowfall is only pretty if one can stay indoors and off the roads. Cuz let me tell you, people can NOT drive here in the snow. They barely can in the rain and that's a stretch. Anyway, grey & dreary is in my forecast and almost always affects my mood.

I was kinda disappointed in the cyber Monday sales in the real world yesterday. I really thought that more retailers would have good deals, especially given the economy and their fears of a bad holiday season. We'll I was able to find a free shipping on Amazon.com and got the Disney tent for my niece. And I got an email from Shutterfly saying my calendar has shipped. Surprise! I'm guessing that they had so many to do that they aren't checking for copyright photos. Yes, we do have the rights to those, my brother always buys them cuz they end up printing more off. He learned that with his wedding photos.







Have you been over to Heather's shop at Plain Digital Wrapper yet? Their cyber Monday sale is lasting all week. Plus if you buy Grungy fun Christmas, Heather is giving you Blue Christmas FREE. I think she's lost her mind, lol. 2 kits for the price of 1. And at 40% off. How can you pass up that deal?

I checked in on Yen this morning and she checked in her already since there's such a time diff. Still no little peanut. Stop by her blog and leave her some lovin. Especially you moms, you know what she's going through in these last days of her pregnancy.

Today is my SIL birthday. I did the lo below for her. It started out as a regular card, but quickly grew into a full sized lo. The journaling says "If only they were really sleeping instead of
just recharging." Fantacy came up with that quote and it truly fits these girls to a T. Poor Chris only gets peace when they're sleeping. I love that photo, so I'm sure that you'll see it again and again.

This is my fave from the calendar. I wasn't sure how it was gonna turn out, but I ended up lovin it. There's no way I could have ever done that calendar without Amy Bleser's calendar toppers templates. If you're looking for one, stop by her shop at SBB.

Ok, time to make the donuts. We'll get ready for work that is. Until next time, scrap happy.

6 comments:

Azrood said...

Love the layouts and the quote on the one is just perfect! We're grey and dreary here as well this week. Here's to hoping for some sunshine for us both!

Erin said...

O wow, that quote is so perfect! I'm convinced that kids never really sleep!

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie...been real busy and this is the first time I've had to stop by....hope your Turkey day and weekend was good. I keep checking on Yen too....and my daughter (they're due at the same time....any day now) Love those layouts....I'll see you tomorrow....{{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, I am losing my mind. ROFL But it's not the sale. Or that may be a side effect of it. ROFL Working on that kit we talked about! For some reason, the elements came easy to me this time, the papers are harder. LOL

Stay warm and safe!

absolutartist1 said...

OH! But those donoughts sound so good! LOL

Just stopping by to say hi, and hope all is going well today! I need to get to the bank and get food on lunch so I am off!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! Thank you for checking on me:) And for always thinking of me! The feeling is mutual:)

Have a great day there! Xo~