My Layouts

Monday, October 22, 2007

RAKalicious!!!

Hi there!



Remember in yesterday's post, I mentioned that Cate paid it forward and arranged for a RAK from Meredith Fenwick for me. Well, here's one of the items I picked. Twilight Dreaming. It's a beautiful kit with amazing papers and elements. Here's a layout I did with it. That's my niece Em in a sundress I bought her last summer, looking all ladylike. She's such a diva. Click for additional credits. Also you can click on Meredith's preview to be taken to her shop.





I had a horrible day at work. It was definately a Monday. Right before I was leaving, I was surfing DST and found a thread for RAK's from AfriDigiDiva and thought why not. I've been RAKing people for Heather all last week. So I went and picked 5 items from her store and PM'd her. I got home from work, had to take Carmen to the vet (long messy story), got the vet bill for $141 (Thank God for Visa), came home and found I'd been RAK'd. Yeah! But wait, it get's better. When I get my 4 shared links, there's not 1 file, but wait for it....4 files!! 3 of the 5 items I'd listed. Now that totally blew me away. The coolest thing is that the overlays and borders are commercial use. So look for some fab freebies later in the week. Isn't that the coolest! Look at the overlay I made with the Butterfly overlay. I need to clean it up some, but I think it's ok.
Click on the previews to go and see AfriDigiDiva's shop over at ScrappersZone. I will definately go back for more. What a sweetheart.




Now for those of you who know a little about me, my dogs Carmen & Jazi are my babies. Spoiled through and though. When I used to have a decent job, they got more expensive haircuts than I did. Come to think of it, they still do, just not as often. Now we noticed over the weekend that there was a problem with Carmen. So being the good doggie mommy I am, I got an emergency appointment with the vet. She'll be all better in a few days. I'll spare you the details, but it's not pretty.







Don't forget the chat's Wednesday night. Tallula Moon's Scrap a Deal over at 3 Scrapateers at 10 pm EST and when that's done, jump over to DST for Heather's Grand Opening chat. Freebies at both with a special freebie from me if you make both and participate in both. lol. Don't just pop in, but chat.









The freebies are kinda sparse today. But I wanted to show you what Andrea did with her prize winnings from Heather's secret contest. Isn't her little one adorable! If you have done layouts with Heather, Kelli (Tallula Moon) or Fantacy's designs, email me a link and I'll spot light it here.

It's raining cats and dogs here. The radar is green straight through back to Illinois. I wish we could send some of that rain to Southern California. Please remember to keep all of those people affected by this major fire in your thoughts and prayers. I can't even imagine what they're going through.

Until next time, scrap happy!
Diane

10 comments:

Azrood said...

Congrats on your RAK! That kit is fabulous! Hope your furbaby is feeling better soon and that you day goes better today.

Anonymous said...

hope your babies well get better soon:) And what a sweet RAK that is! Have a great day too,Diane!

Xo~

Leigh said...

You have alot going on! Yay for RAKS on stupid days at work!

Kristine said...

Congrats on teh RAK!!! They sure do have a way of making a crappy day better!! Hope Carmen is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh no...the babies? I will definitely pray that everything gets better soon! That overlay you made is cute! See you tomorrow girl!

Anonymous said...

AW! I hope your little puppy is better soon Diane! (((hugs)))

And I LOVE that layout she did with my kit! Isn't it gorgeous??

How awesome on the RAK! Those are great products and that butterfly overlay is gorgeous girl!

Have a great day Diane!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting my LO! I've been trying to get it up on DST this morning and every time I log into the gallery it tells me to .. log in. GRRR. Oh well.
I got RAK'd by AfriDigiDiva too! I have to remember to post that. Isn't she swell?
Poor puppy! I hope she feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is great!! ADD is a sweetie. I am glad you like her stuff :) The overlay is GREAT!!

absolutartist1 said...

Wow! See? Karma! LOL

Hugs to the furbabies. Those type of bills never seem to hit when there's a little extra, do they?

I'm looking forward to the freebie!

20Birds said...

oh poor puppies.... that pink layour rocks with sweetness