My Layouts

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

AI or another NSBR post

Another NSBR post today cuz I didn't have any time to A)scrap, B)find out if anything new is going on in my part of the scrapping world. I'm sure there is, but I'm being a baaaad CT. I want to thank you all for commiserating with me yesterday about my lack of internet access at work. Once again, if you have some great NSBR sites that you think I may enjoy, leave me the address in comments. Barb gave me a great one, but it's blocked at work, which is a bummer cuz there are some BEAUTIFUL photos on it.

Wanta know why I didn't scrap last night? TV. Yep I said it, TV. One of these days the Biggest Loser is going to inspire me so much to get up off the couch and start working out. One of these days. lol. At least I've stopped watching it with a pint of ice cream. Actually, it's been tivo'd because American Idol is gettin HAWT as Randy would say. What, you didn't see it. Well, watch this video. IMO the best preformance of the night and most likely the season.




I liked David Cook from his first audition, when he said that he watched what Chris Daughtry did during his season. Chris is the only AI artist that I've bought music from. I have said a few times that David has out Daughtry'd Daughtry. That preformance was AMAZING!!! As was Elenor Rigby. I think that David will go the same route as Chris. So seeing that Chris was so successful as the loser of AI, I'm really kinda hoping that David doesn't win and has a bit more control over his future. As long as he keeps singing this way, he'll continue to be on stage each week. I thought that Brooke did well, even with her small goof, but like Randy wished she would have either stayed with just the piano or really had the band rock it out and her get up away from the piano to rock with them. (even though she showed she doesn't do that well). I'm really not enjoying Michael Johns as much as I did during Hollywood weeks. Didn't get David A's song at all. Thought that Carly was much better than the judges said she was, but I'm not a fan really. The rest were just ok, not really all that memorable.

So there's my American Idol recap for you. Maybe tonight I'll be able to scrap some. I'm trying to figure out what on earth I'm gonna do when camping season starts. As much as I'm looking forward to it, when am I gonna find time to scrap? Thinking long and hard about a laptop. lol.
Have a great day!

12 comments:

Lilja said...

I just stopped myself from watching David's performance - since we are one week behind you guys with AI :D Have to wait until next Monday, bummer!
BTW - it IS good to spend a day here and there without thinking about scrapping LOL. It's just so darn difficult!

Azrood said...

I didn't get to watch AI last night, but I heard his song on the radio this morning and he is amazing! He'll definitely go far whether he wins or not. :)

Amanda said...

I quit watching AI after the 3rd or 4th season. We started with the very 1st and it just got old for me. I do like Daughtry though. Reminds me of Creed, Fuel, and the like back when they were first starting out and really good.

I haven't scrapped in oh I don't know 2 weeks or so now. I'm all for the laptop for camping season. You never know when the mood to scrap will strike.

Kristine said...

Morning!!
Just breezing thru before I get back to work...

Hope today is a good one!

Mwah!

Anonymous said...

Stopped watching AI two years ago......It got toooo boring for me...lol...anyhow, to each his own...Have a great day sweetie, and I will see you tomorrow!!! HUGS

Barb said...

LOVED David Cook last night! I was squeeling with joy. It took some real balls to do that song like that. Seriously. Loved Michael last night too. Ramiele was horrid.

DawnMarch said...

It would drive me crazy if I couldn't surf the net during the day! Hope you find some more good sites!

Angela said...

*LOVE* David Cook! Thanks for posting that - I loved seeing it again! We are big Daughtry fans here too, just saw him in concert last week with Bon Jovi and it was SO FUN!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Man, that's the one performance I missed last night, how I don't know. But I'm so glad you posted it. I love him! He has the best voice and is so stinking good!

Dude, I have no altered art products. ROFL Oops.

Marianne said...

I think its better to be the runner up of Idol than to win. I think you get a better record deal that way. The winning record deal is too controlled. Just my 2 cents. LOL.

Unknown said...

We don't watch AI except for the auditions most of the time. That was a great performance, thanks for sharing it.

AfriDigiDiva said...

Being a couch potato is sometimes a good thing. There are actually days when I don't turn on the TV or walk past the computer. (Not often, but it has been known to happen).