My Layouts

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The countdown has begun

Hi there,

Well, the countdown has begun. Only 3 more work days left until my holiday begins. And I can't wait cuz even though it's the easiest job in the world, it's a drag. I'm hoping the weather will hold too. The snow is supposed to be here in Ohio on Sunday but since I'm driving north who knows what the weather will do. I know that this past weekend they got about 8 inches or so. It may be a white Christmas after all where I'll be. Snow on Christmas Eve would be nice, cuz I have to work the day after Christmas so we'll leave mid afternoon to come back. If it's snowing that day, we'll have to leave earlier which will bum me out. I miss not being near the family and watching the girls grow. But you can count on it, I'll have tons of pictures of them when I get back.


Who knew that yesterday when I made the comment about Chris Farley that would be every one's choice to comment? I just heard about it on the radio on my way into work and thought that it would be filler. Too many good funny people lost in their prime to a life of pain and excess.


Oh yeah, I really have to brag on this one. Last night when I got home from work, I got a nice surprise. As many of my regular readers may know, Shannon gets laid off for the winter. I've been coming home to dinner almost on the table quite often lately, but last night I also got a completely clean kitchen. Woo Hoo. He's pretty good about picking up this time of year, but he had every last dish either done and put away or in the dishwasher. Now if I could just get him to put his socks in a hamper out of Jazi's reach. lol.


Some of you know that OAKS was/is having issues. Well the files were corrupted and the site will need to be rebuilt. Everything that was on there is gone. Since I joined up with the Scrapz pack, most of my lo's went into that gallery. So even though I have them on my drive, they are not in cyberspace. I think that since I've been having mojo issues that unless it's CT related I'm not going to put it in a gallery. Just post it here. I've realized that I need to learn to scrap for me not the approval of others. So this is my first step. Of course, challenges will still go into galleries and of course anything made with CT stuff.


I've been listening to the station that only plays Christmas carols at work and there are really only so many out there. I've come to love TSO Canon Carol (I think that's the title- TSO Transiberian Orchestra), Bing Crosby/David Bowie's Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth is still one of my favorites and of course Merry Xmas -War is Over by John Lennon. But one that always makes me pause when I hear it is Grown Up Christmas List, I think it's by Amy Grant. So here's my Christmas Wish for all.

The lines that get me- Everyone would have a friend. Thanks to scrapping, I have found so many friends that I cherish and look forward to hearing about and from. And right would always win - with all the controversy going on in the community lately, this is especially true. You have to believe that in the end right will prevail. And love would never end- any and all love. This is my Christmas wish for you all.

Scrap happy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! I wish you a happy holidays:) Love that layout and what a beautiful message that is:)

Xo~

Unknown said...

Wow - dinner on the table and a clean kitchen! Defiantely brag worthy! :)

Kristine said...

Keep that man!!! After 13 years he isn't even trained properly!!!!LOL

Beautiful, heartfelt LO from a beautiful, heartfelt woman...

Big hugs to you and the family for a safe and happy Christmas!!

Mwah!

Anonymous said...

A clean kitchen too? Wow! I'm jealous! I'm staring at a pile of dishes right now thinking, dishes? blog hop? Dishes? Blog hop? Blog Hop! ROFL

A white Christmas is awesome as long as you can drive safely!

Pato still wants to go to Ohio for Christmas, we're arguing. LOL He's not happy with me. oh well.

And beautiful layout! I love the words!

Monique said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great holiday! And I hope that OAKS gets up and running again soon, I love that site. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a very beautiful sentiment! I have never heard that song, it must be recent-ish, and although country is not my bag, baby, I'll have to look it up because reading the lyrics to it gave me chills. Beautiful!
You know, I'm working on keeping that attitude for my design work- to do it for the love of it and not for the approval of others, which might sound weird since I'm selling it, LOL, but I think if I design something out of love and joy then it will just be much better than if I'm doing it for sales.. Anyway, is this comment LONG enough of what?
Lots of love, Diane! Take care!

absolutartist1 said...

Beautiful sentiments! I may come home to a clean kitchen, but if so it also ALWAYS comes with an attitude... As for the socks... good luck! The kids normally end up picking up Daddy's when they are gathering their cloithes for the hamper! LOL

Have a great day!