My Layouts

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Give Thanks - Life is good.

Hi there!



With Thanksgiving coming up tomorrow, I decided to stop for a minute and think about what I have to be thankful for. I think that far most I am thankful I live in a country where I am free and I am thankful of parents whose children are fighting to keep it this way. I wish you peace this holiday season from the bottom of my heart. I am thankful for the family I have now and the love that we share. I am thankful for the roof over my head and the love that it contains, the unconditional love of my two dogs and the "even though we annoy each other we still love each other madly" love of the old man. I am thankful for my health and the ability to make a living. I am thankful for the warm embrace of the scrapping community and the friends I have made here.

Look, I made you a little avatar type thingy. Heather, I'm thankful to you for giving me a chance. Kristine, I'm thankful for you cuz you always make me laugh. Cate and Andrea, I'm thankful for you for your unfailing support of me and reading the blog daily. Yen, I'm thankful for you for sharing yourself so freely on your blog and updating us on your little peanut, I'm glad that I can share that with you. Dawne & Traci, I'm thankful for you for showing that a grand idea can grow if you put enough love into it. Fantacy, I'm so thankful for you for giving me such a warm welcome over at SBB and letting me know it's ok to be new. And Kerry, I'm thankful for you for bugging the heck out of me to see my own potential and getting me into the CT scene. Without you, I wouldn't have 90% of the friends I have now. And if you read my blog on a regular basis I'm thankful to you too. If you haven't stopped by the blogs of these wonderful ladies, take a minute. Each and everyone is talented in their own way.

Ok, on to Black Friday. My favorite subject - Shopping. I'm pretty sure that most everyone is having a sale. Some of the designers over at SBB have already started theirs and I grabbed some great closeout products from Michelle Underwood for dirt cheap. (I mean like $.25 and $1.00) And I know that several of the designers over at OAKS are going to have their store on sale at a ridiculous 50% off on Friday only. The good thing is that there aren't any "doorbuster" sales and you don't have to get up at 4 AM to get the good prices. Just make sure you check it out. OAKS ladies will have their grab bags out too. In the real world, I'm debating as to whether or not I'll get up to try to get some of the "earlybird" sales. It seems that they are opening the stores earlier and earlier each year. I mean Kohl's is opening at 4 AM. And the outlet stores at Jeffersonville are opening at midnight. Unbelievable. I'm thinking Target and ToysRUs may be the only ones I try for early. I've given up on the laptop idea.

Make sure you check out the Humpday Hunnies for their fabulous freebies today!!! Start at Kristine's, she has the link to them all. No one has previews up yet. And while you're out looking, make sure you stop by Andrea's and check out her fab new kit Tickle that will be available at DSO. Don't forget about Heather's PSP actions and great new Christmas kits.

I hope that if you're celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, you can be with your loved ones and you can remember what you're thankful for. Right now, I'll be thankful that I don't have to work on Friday. hehehe

Happy Thanksgiving!! Scrap happy.

10 comments:

Victoria said...

How wonderful to read of the things you are thankful for. It is a wonderful prompt to think of the things in my life! Thanks for all the sales information, too!

I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Morning Diane!!! You made my day woman!! I am thankful as well to have you in my life! Your kind and generous spirit has made me smile and laugh and cry on a number of occasions! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with love and laughter! Shop till ya drop!
*Mwah*

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Diane.....I am thankful for having a friend like you who has taught me that there is friendships through the internet....next time you are in Florida....WE WILL get together! Hope you and your family have an awesome Turkey Day!!!!.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane! WOW! It's already past 12am here:) hehe so, it's morning already too! And what a nice surprise to see that my name is up there!? Seriously? WOW! You made me one happy Momma! I am so glad I found a friend in you too! You have no idea..I am also thankful that I found you! Life is so much sweeter because there are people across the world who we haven't meet yet thought much more than we always see around the real neighborhood! Yup, Life is perfect!

Happy thanksgiving,D!

Xo~

Flergs said...

Hope you have a fabulous Thanks Giving. We don't have it here so I don't really know much, only what I have seen in movies. A great day to reflect on what you are thankful for though, and thanks for sharing them!!

Anonymous said...

Wait, I commented on your blog earlier, what happened?? Weird. I saw you commented to me twice, and I was like, what's up with this silly girl, I posted this long flowery thing about how thankful and grateful I was for the award, etc... GRRR! Wha'happened to my post?!?!
Well, I'm not going to say this as well as I did earlier today, but I luvs ya, so grateful for you coming by my blog and brightening my day, Hope you are doing well with the quitting smoking, have a fannnnnntastic turkey day,
Big big hugs!!!! MWAH!

Anonymous said...

Oh Diane! see, I did miss this yesterday! I am so thankful to have met you and not only have an awesome CT member but a beautiful friend! You are a gorgeous woman and I am thankful to call you a friend! Love you Diane!!!!!!!!

absolutartist1 said...

Glad I read your comment on Andrea's blog... My comment didn't save either!!! Can't remember what I typed last night other than I was late posting 'cause the boss actually had WORK for me-how dare he?!?! LOL

Anywho - Hope you have a great Turkey Day!

absolutartist1 said...

Oh! And, TY and right back at you! :)

Anonymous said...

Just flying by to say happy T-day! Rotsa rove and hugs!
I am all doped up on turkey!
LOVE YA!
Andrea