My Layouts

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Winter weather warning for only 3 inches of snow?

I've decided that the weather forecasters in my area all need new jobs. For the second time in 2 weeks they've forecasted doom & gloom in the amount of heavy snowfall. The local news last night showing everyone rushing to the grocery store to stock up on supplies. I get up this morning, all the schools in the area are closed. (man, I want a snow day too) And there is about 3 inches of snow on the ground. 3 inches is not a "Winter Storm Warning" amount worth getting upset over. Just ask Cate (hehe). So now the freeways and roads will be in a tangle and what would normally take 15 minutes tops will take 45 at least. It's like a little bit of snow turns everyone's brains to mush and they forget how to drive. There were back ups on the freeway at 6 am already. I just hope we don't get the freezing rain they're predicting.


Check out the new elements to play with from Cherie Shields. They're all available at her store at Gotta Pixel. Isn't that alpha just the cutest. And I love the beads. And keep an eye out for a beautiful new kit coming to Sophia Sarducci next week.





I scrapped some last night, but got stuck on a title. I've got it posted for a little bit of help and CC on a board. Hopefully someone will come up with a terrific title for me. Mine's horrible and must be changed. I just looked and there is a few awesome ideas so I'm sure it will change again.



There will be an awesome new challenge posted tomorrow on Heather's CT blog. Just curious, what do you look for when you're selecting a challenge to do? (Cate, don't answer this one, lol). How much of it's for the actual challenge itself. Do you prefer ones that stretch your limits or do you prefer simplicity? Do you do the challenges based on the participation bonuses or gifts? I'm just checking. Any info would be appreciated.



Well, off to work early, since it's gonna be a long 5 mile drive. Hope you all stay warm wherever you are and scrap happy.

12 comments:

Leigh said...

Brrrrr...Love those little alpha beads! Too cute! No snow here! Just sunshine!!!

Unknown said...

Hmmm...challenges...why do I pick some and not others?

No definitive answer here - I used to do lots, but now it has to REALLY appeal, and I can see how I could use it to scrap a certain photo.

Rarely do i chose it for the prize, unless it is something I would normally buy - otherwise it just eats up my hard drive.

I often end up picking a template challenge, although sometimes by the time I have finished it looks so unlike the original template I don't submit it, but just keep it for myself.

Does any of this rambling help? Hope so.

DigiLover said...

Hiya Carjazi, I'm chug chugging along on the DSO blog train again - LOL!!!

looks like our weather forecasters here in OZ are not the only ones that get it wrong - LOL!!!

I mostly do the challenges for the participation as I'm still learning digi and I use it as a learning curve. Also love to get the gift - being honest here, although mind you've I've entered so many challenges and half the time I forget to download the gift and by the time I get around to it the link has expired - LOL!!!

Amanda said...

UGH on the weather. Our people need new jobs too. Last storm they predicted a dusting to 1" and we got 4"! Not that it's an overly large amount, but way more than a dusting.

Hope your drive this morning is a safe one.

When I look for challenges I look for ones that stretch my abilities as a scrapper, ones that I think "Oh do I have the picture for that!" and of course ones form my favorite designers when there's a chance I could win products. But I can't do it solely for products, there has to be some combination of inspiration too. I can't force a layout for a prize.

Anonymous said...

I think we should stretch people, but not so much that they don't want to stretch that far. You know too big of a stretch and you can pull a muscle. LOL Ok, I'm wierd this morning.

I actually just started doing challenges besides our own. And one thing I've noticed is that I scrap what I have pictures of, already on my computer. That's what I'm looking for, things that work with pictures I haven't scrapped yet. LOL

Dude, we're in for 3 inches at least and they didn't close school here. It's just like every other day.

And I could have used a sleep in day. LOL

Melody aka pebbles7195 said...

It only snows here in Savannah Georgia about once every 10 years - so we don't even hope for snow days!! hee hee Challenges - I pick the ones that I like to do - mostly I choose simple ones so that I can do more than a few and the posting bonuses also catch me!! Hope that helps!! Riding the DSO Blog Train!! :)

Unknown said...

just running past teh dso train.
I do challenges I think will be...
dunnn
dunnnn
duuuuhhhhhh.....
a challenge.
hahaha!

For me, I love playing around and learning a new efffect, so if I see a challenge thats DIFFERANT, that I think I have a photo that will work for it, I jump in.

Now, half the time I DO NOT upload the layout anywhere. hahah. So WHY do the challenge in the first place, right?

Becuase my results are between me and my pc. None ya business. hahaha!

I suspect alot of people participate in challenges and scrap games, and dont ever actaully post their layouts online. I get lots of emails thanking me all the time for fun stuff we do at DSO, but never see the layouts.

jodie said...

i know, we've been getting hit again and again with cold, ice, snow, flurries, winter mix, blah blah blah. as a teacher, i am DAILY praying for a snow day during the winter...hahaha! cherie's new stuff looks great - thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

Just passin thru on the DSO blog train....Cute beads.

Robin L said...

They do that here all the time in northern Wisconsin and say it changed because of the big lake! LMAO I look out the window to get my forcast now ; ) They cant drive here either in snow (it happens every year Hello Northern Wisconsin!) hee hee anywho
I usually do a challenge 1. cuz it is a challenge and 2. I know just what to do (picture, kit and hole nine yards lol) or 3. something I will complete. I hope you had a good day!

Azrood said...

We're also supposed to get some more snow tonight (they say up to 5" but I don't know about all that). Right now we've still got rain so I guess we'll have to wait til morning to see what we'll actually get.

Titles are always the hardest part of a layout for me. I really need to find a way to get more inspiration in that department, lol!

I used to do challenges for the prizes (when I first started out), but now I only do those that give me inspiration (i.e. help me get a page done). I find that I really love template challenges. Honestly though, I rarely do challenges anymore now that I have my CTs to keep me busy. :)

Kim B said...

TOOT TOOT-
And um I'm with Bunny on the challenges-LOL
I usually jump in if it makes me STRETCh my BOX a little- or I have a photo that hasn't been scrapped and it fit's into that *challenge criteria*- sometimes they are uploaded- sometimes not-LOL
Hugs girle