My Layouts

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I was wrong I admit it.

So I'll admit that I was wrong and the weathermen were right yesterday. We initally only got about 3 inches of snow and then it rained for a good part of the day. Then it turned to freezing rain and later on more snow. Since the rain melted down a good part of the snow, I'd say there's only about 3 inches on the ground but it's covered with a layer of ice. I will say that I was a little impressed that the company I work for sent everyone home a hour early and we get to delay start time an hour, so our safety is important to them. I once worked for a company in the same field that during a level 3 snow emergency called the local sheriff's office to ask to have their employees classified as essential workers. I sell car insurance, not save lives. I think that was the start of the downward spiral with that company. Anyway, I'm wide awake and don't have to be in til 10 now. Yippee!!!

Thanks for answering my questions about challenges and why you do them yesterday. It was very helpful. On Heather Manning's CT blog, we have a new challenge that is starting and I hope that everyone will stop by and play. It's a quote challenge. Anne has come up with an awesome quote. Being a small size, the ad can be difficult to read on my blog, click the link to see it full size.

Here's my lo from it. Little Addi sleeping. I just love photos of the girls asleep. There's just something about it that touches my heart. And talking to my SIL, she loves it when they're asleep too. lol.

Last time I went to see them, I took my Shutterfly book. My SIL ordered 3 of them, one for her mom, my mom & herself. Mom took hers into work and sent me an email saying that several girls in her office wanted to know more about the book and how to do them. And her boss was very impressed, which just made my day a whole lot brighter. So I may be responsible for some new addicts being brought to the "dark side". My SIL swears she'll kill me if I get her hooked on it. I think she enjoys her time with her mom and their paper scraps too much to change. I haven't told her about hybrid scrapping yet. I'm saving that one.

Here's another challenge I finished last night. It's for Cherie Shield's Rock the Desktop challenge over at Gotta Pixel. I used her Chai Latte papers, J'amie Le Rouge elements & Melissa Bennett's Oh my Mat2. I was a little late in getting a start on this one. Cherie's challenge runs from the 16th of each month, so there will be a new inspiration this weekend. I hope you'll join in on both challenges.

Well, I'm off to ride the DSO & DST trains. Hope you all have an awesome day! Stay warm and safe.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Diane! Thanks for stopping by my blog, and thanks for your nice thoughts. I have every expectation that I'll feel better soon. It's all okay. I'm still gonna be a pixie at DSO, and I will still be designing but now just for free, which is less stressful!
Hey, Plus it gives me more time to do fun stuff like make LO's for Heather! I've already done a LO way back when with that quote, but it's a good one, so I can do it again!

Amy B. said...

I was on Heather's Ct for a while and she is such a sweetie! Well, I hope you enjoy your short workday today. Isn't it nice to wake up to winter weather. We got a call at 5:45 am that my daughter's school is closed. Yay!!!

Leigh said...

Hey!!! Great blog chat today! Enjoyed it!

Amanda said...

Glad your weather people were right. Ours were wrong. They said up to 4" of snow and we got 6"+. What is it with insurance companies thinking they're oh so important? I sold insurance too and our boss basically wanted us there unless we were laying in a casket.

Drive safe out there today. Even with a later start it might still be slippery. My DH called and said it's supposed to get worse before it gets better here in PA today so he's filing his report and coming home.

Kristine said...

Hiya darlin'!!!! Dork dancing through for a sec...

will perv up your inbox momentarily!!!


Love ya!

Mwah!

Anonymous said...

I thought about you when I was reading the news on my phone about weather in Ohio. Glad you're safe!

Did you see? We have an entry for the love song challenge? LOL Kami at Digital Candy did it. YAY Kami!

And I know a designer who would love you to get some people hooked on her digital products. ROFL

Have a great day Diane!

Robin L said...

I hope you enjoyed your late start day. Great los!

Shannon said...

Mornin' Diane - riding the DSO blog train to say Hi! I don't envy your weather, but apparently we might be getting our chance at it this Friday...bummer! Your LOs are just too cute! I'll have to go check-out the challenge you guys have up at Heather's. Have a great day!

Azrood said...

We got the ice last night too! I'm still waiting for it melt off my van where the entire thing is coated in about a 1/4 inch sheet of ice. No way I was going anywhere this morning, but fortunately we're home with a snow day again. :)

Luisa said...

Passing in the DSO Blog Train, that baby is soo cute and your lo is great, good luck with the wether

Lisa Joy said...

I hope the weather improved by you today. I think it finally stopped raining by me.

Unknown said...

just passin thru the DSO blog train. Yep, we got ice too. YUCK!!!


Thanks for riding the DSO Train Diane!!!