My Layouts

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Romance should be more than just 1 day a year

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I've been thinking a lot about love, romance and the past 8 years of my life. It's always the mystery, what to get Shannon for Valentine's Day. Do I get him anything? Will he get me anything. Now he's not the flowers type of guy. As a matter of fact, the only time he's had flowers delivered he was in BIG trouble and knew it. Ok, to be fair he had brought home a few bouquets over his lifetime, but few and far between. So I started thinking how was he romantic? Coming home to a clean kitchen and nice, simple dinner. Romantic. Curling up on the couch to watch a game or a race. Romantic. Sunday mornings in bed with the dogs. Romantic. Mowing the lawn without me having to ask a million times. Romantic? Well, maybe not so much. But romance shouldn't be a one day out of the year thing.

How do you keep the romance alive in your world? Especially in a long term relationship? We all know that in the beginning both parties work so hard and everything is new and exciting. But after so many years, the kids, the mortgage, the bills how do you keep the fires burning? Have you ever written a love letter? Looking for a good way to get started on one? Check these out.
One of my favorites is this one;I miss you. I really like the idea behind it. Instead of writing it, you could scrap a page. Find some good old photos and do a love letter layout. What a great gift to give and with it you also give yourself some time doing what you love.

1 comment:

Barb said...

IMO, after being married for a long time, the secret to a happy romance is knowing when to steer totally clear of each other!