My Layouts

Sunday, February 10, 2008

New releases & a freebie

It's almost Monday and that means new releases. Look at what Kiki Halbert has just released over at Scrapbook Elements. The first preview is a beautiful kit with a name I love. A Breath of Spring. With the artic blast coming through, I could use a glimpse of spring now. But looks at the colors on this kit, aren't they beautiful.


And then she also has 2 wonderful alphas. All previews link to her store. Stop by and check them out. I hope to have some more layouts done with her amazing stuff soon. You can scroll down a few days and see the ones I did yesterday and Wed. night.

I was having issues getting things to go together right. You ever have those days when your pictures just don't go with the kits you've choosen and nothing looks right. I've decided when those days hit to leave everything behind and do something else. When I go back to it, it works just like I thought it would. Anyway, I started to play around with some actions since I finally learned how to load them. And thought I'd play in Kim B's color challenge over at DSO. I give you my first element set (well, it's all one thing) - Hearts a plenty. 24 hearts, different colors, different materials. As always please no hot links, send your friends here to grab their own copy.
You can grab it here. And if you haven't played in Kim's color challenge, you really should. Kim posts a color swatch and so many people play with and make some of the most beautiful kits with them. Last month, I tried my hand at papers and while there were a few people who uploaded them, I wasn't impressed with them. There's a lot more to this than it seems. But it's fun to play and it's fun to give away.

Well, maybe I'll get another layout done tonight. But don't count on it, hehehe. Hope everyone has a good Monday (if that's even possible).

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the enabling! Kiki's kit is cute! Love your hearts too. Thanks!

Veelana said...

very cute hearts!

Leigh said...

Have a great day! I just had trouble with a kit I was using over the weekend. I recolored some things and let it set for a night and it finally came together!

Azrood said...

Aren't actions the greatest!?!? I always use actions on my layouts...usually to create my own alpha for my titles. I too find that I often have to walk away from layouts that are frustrating me and when I come back the next day things seem to fall in place. :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool hearts Diane! Great take on the challenge!

I love Kiki's new stuff! She is so sweet!

What else was I going to tell you? I don't remember, I'm sure it will come to me later. LOL

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Just passin thru the DSO Blog train, cute hearts Diane!

Kristine said...

Morning beautiful!!!!

Swingin' in to blow kisses and do a lil jig all over your blog!!

I'll try and perv up your inbox later today!!! Mwah!

The Artist Formaly Known as Kelly said...

Oh love the hearts. Great use of the swatch!

absolutartist1 said...

Hey, hon! Didn't have time to blog hop before my appt this morning so I'm later in the day... But, I did make it!

Lovin' that freebie!How do you make the acrylic hearts??? I've been wanting to try... Prob should getPSE5 installed, right?! LOL

Anywho - hope your day went well!

Lisa Joy said...

Those's hearts are great

Kim B said...

TOOTT TOOOOT- morning train hugs!! And LOVE the hearts girl! You did a GREAT job on the swatch!
Hugs

DigiLover said...

Hiya Carjazi, just passing through on the DSO blog train. Love the hearts you did for Kim's challenge - great stuff!!!