My Layouts

Friday, February 1, 2008

A whole lot today

So much to write about today. Where to start. Ok, life first. We didn't get the doom and gloom snow they predicted overnight. Which is great! However, it did go to the north and I think is going to affect my trip home to see the girls. Yesterday I was quite devesated by the whole thing as they were expecting 8 to 10 inches today, but I've calmed down. I think that I'll just change my travel time a little and leave early tomorrow morning instead. Give the road crews time to clean the area up some. Plus I didn't sleep all that great and still fighting whatever the old lady's trying to give me. So on the bright side, if I don't leave tonight, I'll get to come home and 1) visit all the blogs I don't get to read during the day & 2) scrap! So I'm trying to look at the brightside. It's not easy when you're a glass is half empty type of girl. However, if you don't hear from me today, that means I made a run for it and will have to jump on my mom's computer to catch up on the blogs.

I'm rereleasing my song quotes word art freebie. Why you ask, well that's the next thing to talk about. But if you want the word art click the preview or here.


Ok, now you have some love song word art, you can play along with Heather's CT on their latest challenge. It's an easy one, and perfect for this time of year. Just do a layout with the lyrics from ANY love song. For everyone who participates, they will get free QP's made from Heather's Con Amor kit that was in her grab bag. And there will be a random drawing for 2 gift certs. Check out her CT blog for more information and other CT member's layouts with love songs.
Here's one I did for the challenge, I love the Wings song Maybe I'm Amazed. Ok, I'm a Youtube idiot and can't figure out how to embed the video into my blog. But here's the link. It's a beautiful video for a beautiful lovestory.

Look here, we have a new store to shop at. Kristine (da wench) has opened her own store.
Stop by and browse through Kristine's new store. She's got some gorgeous stuff there. Just click the ad.
And Kiki has an awesome grab bag over at PDW that starts today. I've seen what's in it, unfortunatly I didn't have time to play with anything before the sale so I could show you a sneek peak, but for $2 it's a steal!!

Well I think I've gotten everything. Please hope the weather cooperates for me so I can see those little girls. Cuz if I do, that means I get new pictures and a whole new scrapping mojo. Enjoy your weekend all and stay safe.

9 comments:

Azrood said...

I'm sending you all of my good weather vibes so that you can make it to see your girls. I know how much you miss them. :)

Lukasmummy said...

Great wordart thanks for sharing. Hugs Crystal xxx

Anonymous said...

Sending you all my vibes too for good weather and a safe trip!!!!

Sorry I missed your calls yesterday! I put the phone on silent for the girls' naps and then forgot it was on silent til late.

Thank you for reminding me of Kristine's store opening! Yippie!

absolutartist1 said...

Stay safe, hon! The weather's hitting here pretty hard again... All schools were closed before I left home, and Ft. Drum closed down at noon...

If I head home early I should be able to get some scrappin' done so 1 good thing... Hope your trip is safe and FUN! [hugs]

SarahG said...

Wishing you well weather and health to go and see the girls! Thanks for the quotes and for visiting my blog!
Enjoy your weekend!

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Great wordart! Have a great day honm!

Kristine said...

Sorry I'm late stopping in.
Going to miss you this weekend...stay safe and come back ready to perv up my inbox! Mwah!

Barb said...

I hope you made it north safely! Thanks for the Word Art, Diane! Have a super weekend!

Nancy said...

Thank you for the word art. Especially nice since Dan Fogelberg just passed away in Dec. You should probably know that Bette Midler is not the originator of that quote. It is from a Disney Movie - Cinderella - that was released in the 50's so really is attributed to Cinderella as she sung the song first.