My Layouts

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

a rant

Not much to report here today. Didn't get anything accomplished last night but a few new CT things downloaded and my SIL sent me some adorable photos of the kids. I'm trying to get old layouts loaded into Shutterfly so I can get the books I bought on ebay ordered before they expire. The countdown in now offically on and is at 24 hours. I'll have to get up a bit early to get him to the airport, but I won't mind. There may be no post for tomorrow unless I do it tonight. We'll see what happens.

I guess I can't let it go by without putting in my 2 cents worth. I usually am behind the times and sometimes feel like the last to know anything. I didn't know about a certain store closing and why until way after the fact. I don't know who Tandika is and other than it affected some of my friends, couldn't care less what she does. And while I had no clue what digiscrapping was in Jan. of 2007, I did read part of the the smurf, tunabake, Mo debacle. I read up on these things and look at them the same way as the evil blogs (yes, I admit I read them too, usually a week after the hubbub). It's all a train wreck and you just can't take your eyes off of it. However, this stuff (edited, I'm a family blog) with the pirating has got me pissed off. When this affects my friends the way they were affected this weekend, I've got a right to be pissed off. They don't need the stress that this *stuff* adds to their lives. As designers they don't need to feel unappreciated, used and ripped off. As people they don't need to feel unappreciated, used and ripped off. And as a scrapper, I don't need to feel ripped off. Cuz that's how I feel. I work hard for my money. I sit through long and very boring days, but I willingly and honestly (even though I usually wait for a sale) give my money to these designers because I support what they do. Do you know that IRL when people steal from stores, it makes the prices go up?!!!! And knowing that people are getting this stuff for FREE, stealing this stuff that I pay my good hard earned money for really makes me mad as HELL. Yes, I've found this a way to make it about me. Cuz if we get pissed off, maybe we'll take a stand. And we can say enough is enough.

And with that, I'm off to jump in the shower and go to work. I hope that you all have a wonderful day.

14 comments:

Leigh said...

it is a crying shame what some people have done! Stealing is wrong, wrong, wrong!

Rona said...

Oh I hear you about the piracy stuff! I'm usually behind on everything, too, and get to read up a week after. Just like you, I wait for sales and I willingly give up my hard-earned cash to my fave designers. It is sad about all the piracy going on...and am still in the dark as to what huge thing went on this past weekend. Of course, piracy has always been an issue, but I've seen a lot of sites suddenly displaying threads on their stance on piracy. Makes me wonder what really went on.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Kristine said...

I am still in the dark about smurfs and tunabake (?)...however I do read the DD...like a train wreck...I dont do it regularily but I read it noe the less to remind myself of the ugly side of the digi-community.....I'd like to think there are decent people to design for that aren't catty , thieving, vicious vipers......that thought is what keeps me going....sadly others are proving otherwise.....

Tammy said...

I just loved your post!! I hope who ever did this gets their day!! I was behind until yesterday on all of this too and I'm not a designer, but it doesn't matter. A thief is a thief and it will effect everyone.

Stephanie said...

That makes me so sad for her! I LOVED her stuff! She is soooo talented!! I have a chipboard alpha that she gave away wayyyyyy back in the day, and I still use it ALOT because it's just SOOOO awesome!!!
HUGS to you and the other designers!!!!!!

DawnMarch said...

Amen, girl. Those pirates are hurting designers and scrappers and it makes me angry too! Diane, we should start our own "last to know" club, because I'm right there with you!

DawnMarch

Unknown said...

Man this stinks. Wordpress is being such a j-hole! I had a whole missive about how wrong piracy is, and you can scrap till the end of days on freebies alone etc and then I tried to post and pouf gone.
Anyway, that's it in a nutshell. Still grumpy with Tandika about my$35 bucks going bye bye however.
Love ya, Diane!!!!!

Amanda said...

Like you, I'm usually behind, and I don't even know where to read up on these things, but that's ok. Ilike it under my rock. It does piss me off too about all the piracy though. A few always ruin it for the many. I hope that doesn't happen here.

Barb said...

You summed up my feelings perfectly, Diane!

DoodleLT - Trivette's Designs said...

I totally agree with you.

Luisa said...

It's incredible how some people can just steal and do like nothing is happening, Stealing is WRONG, have a good night...

Kim B said...

AMEN SISTER!!!! I think it's all got to a point where Designers and scrappers alike are saying ENOUGH- I love this community - it's generosity- the way everyone stands up together- THOSE things keep most of us going- but this piracy and HATE comments ( on blogs and in forums is soooo UNCALLED for)- is what is tearing it DOWN!
Couldnt have said it better tho girl!
HUGS and LOVE to you

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you're not blogging today.

Good rant Diane! Not only is it effecting things the way you have listed, CTs are being affected. People are disbanding their whole CTs. Not me, I trust you guys. You've been with me forever. But, it's affected more than one creative team.

It's really sad that it's coming to this.

And then they sit here and talk about us crappy designers and our crappy designs. And I agree with someone on the evil blog. If they are so crappy, why you working so hard to pirate them. Do you collect trash you see on the street and bring it home with you?

People make me so mad.

But, I love you! LOL

absolutartist1 said...

I do understand wanting things you don't have - not having any $$ in the budget to buy digi supplies sucks. But, I absolutely cannot understand anyone thinking it is right or fair to pass around links for digi items. There is SO MUCH you can get for free to use - why steal?

Anywho - finally stopping in to catch up quick. AWESOME LOs btw! :D Hope you have a good day!