My Layouts

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Isle of Wight Festival and other great concerts

It seems like forever since I've gone to see a concert. Some of my favorite memories from my teens revolve around going to concerts or camping out in line waiting for tickets. Something that is no longer done nowadays. Even if the proceedures hadn't changed in how tickets are distributed, who has time to spend all night out waiting for a store to open just to purchase 2 concert tickets. Nowadays, life is so much easier. We have a marvelous invention called the internet.



Being a child of the 80's, I grew up with the music of Sting, Steward Copeland & Andy Summers, otherwise known as The Police. They broke up before I got a chance to see them in concert. Now, 25 years later, they have gotten back together and are on a massive tour. And of course, they are not playing near me anytime soon. I do find it intersting that in the middle of their North American tour, they are going back to England and Europe for the Isle of Wight festival, June 13th through 15th. That sounds like an awesome festival. 3 days of camping and music, with the headliners being The Police, Sex Pistols & Kaiser Cheifs. Last years lineup was amazing. The Rolling Stones were the headliners and an unknown in the US, Amy Winehouse was in the

lineup. In addition to the big names listed above for this year, other notibles include KT Tungstall and Iggy & the Stooges. From some of the footage I've seen from other Festivals over in England, they sure look like they know how to throw a good party.



So now I've peaked your interest, but you don't have tickets. Never fear. Stop by this awesome site for London Tickets and all other Eastern European concerts and sporting events. Or maybe you have extra tickets and you want to sell them. This is a great spot to do so.


No comments: