My Layouts

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A grandfather clock

What is it about a grandfather clock that makes one so nostalgic? And is there room for them in the households of those younger than the baby boomers? My grandmother had a gorgeous clock, if I close my eyes I can still remember the rich chime of the bells. Shannon's grandparents had a beautiful one too. I'm not sure where either of them ended up after our grandparents passing. But I rarely see them in the houses of my friends or neighbors. Could it be that we are just waiting for one to be passed down to us? A grandfather clock that may or may not work correctly? I've seriously started looking into purchasing my own to furnish my living room. There's no guarantee that one will come to me, since I'm not sure who has the family ones. So in my quest to get more information, I stumbled across this, a Grandfather Clocks Blog. It is full of information regarding grandfather and grandmother clocks, how they work, the retailers of new clocks and a whole lot more. It seems to me that the entry about looking for an antique vs. a new retailer purchase makes a lot of sense. So maybe it is time for our generation to looking into decorating our homes with what we want, instead of waiting and hoping a family clock will come our way.

No comments: