My Layouts

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Retrevial complete

Well, my incredibly slow online back up system has reinstalled 401 of the 406 files it had in it's memory. They're all zipped files so now I get to go back and unzip and reorganize everything. I think I need a better system then I had before. I also found out that the back up files are only the most recent backup. So I figure it's about 2/3 of my files. The rest I'll need to get from the back up discs. But I learned a valuable lesson on that. So if you do use an online back up, check and see what it is backing up. There are some files that I have no idea what they are and then some that didn't get backed up because there's not enough room. My online backup only holds 10GB. I'm not sure when I'll get that chance to get everything unzipped and back to doing pages.

So I went to Digifree to see if yesterdays word art was on the freebie list. Maria is away on vacation I think and the computer has gone bizerke. There are freebies from last Oct on there. There are Halloween freebies, Christmas freebies. It's all over the place. I'm sure that most of the links are no longer valid. The funny thing is that there are only a few of the "usual" suspects there. It took me forever to get through them and no it wasn't there. Bummer. Cuz only a few people found it yesterday. I'll have a new one tomorrow.

Ok, I'm not much into mentioning what's going on in the news, but this caught my eye. Dozens in Texas town report seeing UFO. Now you can't tell me that there is not 1 digiscrapper in Stephenville Texas, lol. A good scrapper ALWAYS has a camera in their possession. All those people and not one photo? Me thinks the govt. is testing new equipment in the heart of Texas.

I was running way late today. I have a few top 5 lists and a pay it forward from Monique that I'll have on tomorrows post. Sorry.

So I couldn't decide between a cute photo or a joke. I think I'll go with both.



Dear Lord,I pray for Wisdom to understand my man;
Love to forgive him; And Patience for his moods.
Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength,
I'll beat him to death. AMEN
Have a good day all~

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Swingin' through to say I love you....ROFL!!

Blogged you today...

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Wow, unzipping everything and reorganizing? Yikes!

I'd have to agree with Maria's computer, I was getting emails yesterday from posts a while back....really weird..LOL


Hope you have a great day!

BHo said...

Cute joke! I"m glad that you've got a handle on your files, and thanks for the tips on insurance quotes. I could use that, as ours are up for renewal again! Have a great day, Diane!

Azrood said...

Sounds like a lot of work. I need to stay on top of backing up my files. I pretty much only remember to do it when I read about someone else going through a hard drive failure. :)

Monique said...

Ooh can't wait to see you're top 5 list! sorry to hear about the backup woes, I back my stuff on an EHD that never gets unplugged (i access the stuff from my laptop through a network system) and i have a seperate drive on my desktop for saving another copy of photos and layouts, the things taht are completely irreplacable. I got a virus last week on my desktop so now we have to reformat the whole thing. but at least my stuff's safe on the backup drive and EHD, I can't access it all until it's reformated but at least it's all there and safe. Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

ROFL At the joke! So true, so true!

I'm glad you got lots of your stuff back, and woohoo on me having my own DVD. Wait til I get done with this month's GB! Going to be big I think! LOL

I read that about the UFO too. The government is saying that they aren't doing testing. It's crazy! And you are so right! There has to be a scrapper with their camera in their hands! LOL I didn't even think of that! ROFL

Anonymous said...

Hi D! Got something for you here;)

http://yennygirl.com/?p=1605

Thanks for always poppin by! Xo~

Gina.Maria said...

I'm right there with you. My cat knocked over my EHD and broke it so I'm trying to figure out which of my supplies I have archived. I was trying to move them all to other drives but my EHD errored out if I tried to copy more than one file at a time. Ugh! I'm starting to get in touch with designers of products that I loved and remember, but I'm afraid most of them are gone forever.

absolutartist1 said...

Not religious, but LOVE that prayer!!! Glad your files are returned. :)

Good luck with the unzipping & re-organizing! [hugs]

Anonymous said...

OH man, I am one of those people who never backs anything up. That's bad, I need to get on it! I'm sorry that you had to.
As far as the UFO goes.. yeah, I have to agree with you. Has to be the gub'ment!
Take care, Sweetie, talk to ya soon!

Anonymous said...

::runs like a lunatic through your blog...just like Fozzy Bear...::

Have a great day!!!