My Layouts

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Found a cure for my mojo?

So I was having missing mojo issues yesterday. Kinda upset me cuz I thought that I had gotten over that and was cranking out pages for my Christmas book. I decided that I would go ahead and finish backing up and organizing my files. I was deleting the zip files as I was going along after they were on a back up disc. I got to one and it was like this huge file and kept going and going so I thought, hmmmmm something's not right and stopped the delete. Went back to deleting more and the dogs started raising hell. I go out to the kitchen to see what's going on. Come back and the screen says "Do you want to delete, yada yada yada". So I hit yes. Whammo!!!!!! ALL my files gone. Wiped out with 1 keystroke. Not in my recycle bin. My old man is yappin at me from behind and I turn and tell him to "GET OUT" with that Exorcist voice. What did I just do? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm calling this the biggest Duh! moment of the year. Well it's a new computer with online backup up right. I'll just do that. So I go through and mark 406 files to be restored. No problem. (even though I know that is not all of them) Then my computer pops up this number at me. 61 hours to restore my files. ARG!!!!!!! So no files, no loss of mojo. bwahahahahahahahaha Duh!

So before I pulled my big Duh! moment, I was working on love related word art. Here's another one. I did 2, one without the heart doodle for those of you who have good doodles. It's on a 4 X4 page. I'm one of those who's in love with love. So while I can't do pages, you'll get word art.

You can download it here. If you use it, I would love to see it. Hope you can use it.

Heather's new store is open. Purple Paper Flowers opened this weekend. Quite a nice list of designers there, including some of my faves from OAKS. Get in early and maybe catch some possible pre grand opening sales???? (not sure but may be a possibility) and don't forget OAKS store is still open and lots of designers have most of their stuff on sale.

Check out Monique's blog today. She's starting a top 5 list. I'm going to have to think on this today and will have some for you tomorrow.

Enjoy your Monday. bwahahaha

10 comments:

BHo said...

Deleting files like that is one of my biggest fears. I attepted to "clean up" my hard drive a few weeks ago and ucked it up so badly that I had to reinstall my operating system (sssshhhhh! don't tell anybody!). Now I'm totally paranoid about "housekeeping" on the computer. I just need a bigger hard drive. :-{

Anonymous said...

Sending virtual margueritas to go with the Exorcist voice.....
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Rachel said...

awww...what a cute freebie! glad you got your computer problems figured out!

Monique said...

Aaaw thanks for linking to me! Have a great day, can't wait to see your top 5 lists!

absolutartist1 said...

Mornin', hon! Hope the pc has completed its sadistically slow restore for ya'! I wentto do dishes and found we'd run out of oil again...

Off to get kero. [hugs]

Monique said...

Hi again! Come by my blog for a little surprise! Have a great day!

Sara E said...

ok.. i think you got your files all fixed......if so, yay!... what a bummer that would be to lose everything

and cute little valentines freebie :)

so, what are you doing now that football season is over ??? are you in withdrawals?

Anonymous said...

I would have died! Hopefully you can get everything back in less than 60 hours???? On the plus side, not hard to get my stuff back? LOL Cuz you know that's soooo the most important stuff. Just kidding!

Love the word art! Beautiful! Have a great day!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much for these FAB WA Quotes & the Overlay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the word art...much appreciated...hugs Rita