My Layouts

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Catchin up

Today is my catch up day. I looked at my recovered files a little last night. I would say that I only got about 1/2 of them from the online recovery. So I need to go back and load them from the back up discs. grrrrr. But at least I have those discs. Cuz most of my "good" files are going to be on them. None of the Christmas kits were on the online recovery. So since I'm working mostly on the Christmas book those will be the first files I find.
Monique had this on her blog for me the other day. Kristine had it on her blog for me the next day. I feel so loved. So I get to pay it forward.
1) Yen - Her photos amaze me, her little boys are just the most adorable little ones and she scraps amazingly. Thank you Yenny girl!
2) Cate - Cate continues to amaze me with her organizational skills and the way she cranks out layouts, challenges and takes care of her family. When I grow up, I wanta be just like Cate.
3) Andrea - Andrea was one of the first people to jump aboard when I started blogging. She's a faithful reader and friend.
4) Barb - As a fellow Michigander living in Ohio, I salute you. I've recently found her 2 blogs and love to check them out on a daily basis.
5) Azrood - Another new blog I've found recently. The antics of her family amuse me greatly.

Ok, next award came from Yen. She is just the sweetest. Best Blogging Buddies award.
This I send along to Kristine, Heather and Cate. Not only are you good blog buddies, but great friends. Thank you so much.
Now I have several Top 5 Lists for you. This idea came from Monique's blog on Monday.
My Top 5 stores:
1) SBB
2) Ztampf!
3) Pickleberry Pop
4) SBG
5) Purple paper flowers _ While it just opened, there are lots of great designers there, several from OAKS which would have been in my top 5 hands down if it wasn't closing at the end of the month. Still have great sales over there. Go check em out.
Top 5 things I love to find in a kit
1) Ribbons
2) doodles & swirls
3) flowers
4) stitching
5) frames
Top 5 things I want to learn to do better in scrapping
1)Blending
2) photo actions
3) journaling
4) textures
5) font design
My top 5 scrap sites
1) DST
2) SBB
3) Scrappers Daily Dose
4) Purple paper flowers
5) Digital Scrap Garden
Top 5 designers that are new to me (of course my CT designers are my absolute faves)
1) Flergs
2) Kiki Halbert
3) ChereKaye
4) Birgit Kerr
5) Melissa Bennett
These are designers that I just recently found out about.
Top 5 Blogs for great freebies
1) Kristine - Wenchd Grafix
2) Kim B Designs
3) Andrea Gold templates
4) Lindsay Jane
5) Ikeagoddess
Come on share your fave 5's with us. Leave em here or put em up on your blog. They don't have to be the same topic as mine. I changed some from Monique's. That's what's so much fun.
I need to go jump the train before I go off on a rant about my unprofessional supervisor. Hope you all have a good day.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

AW! TY! Your one of my best bloggin' buddies too! I think your wonderful!

And that is an awesome list! Great designers, great stores, it's all wonderful!

Good luck on getting everything back where it should be!

Anonymous said...

You make my day too! Everytime you leave comments to my blog it makes me feel love and I like feeling that way:) hehe Thanks,Diane for being so nice to me! Love yah bunches!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm going to have to come back by a little later and really check out your lists, Diane! Kind of a busy morning here, as you'll see on my blog. But I did want to come check in and say hi.

Monique said...

Great top 5 lists, thanks for joining in on the fun! Have a great day! :-)

Alissa said...

Love the lists, very fun! Hope you're able to recover more files!

Azrood said...

Awww, thank you sweetie for the award. :) That really makes MY day!
I enjoy reading your blog as well.

Great top 5 list - I would have many of the same on my list. Hope you're able to get through some more of your files today. :)

Amy Eileen said...

I have to do this because it looks like fun!
My Top 5 stores:
1) DSAG
2) NDISB
3) Ztampf!
4) The Digi Chick
5) Prima Hybrid (will be a fave :)
Top 5 things I love to find in a kit
1) Flowers
2) Frames
3) soft papers
4) unique elements
5) glitter
Top 5 things I want to learn to do better in scrapping
1)using multiple photos
2) more creative journaling
3) light and shadows
4) better titles (mainly alphas)
5) better clusters
My top 5 scrap sites
1) DSAG
2) NDISB
3) DST
4) DSP
5) MSBA
Top 5 designers that are new to me
1) Flergs
2) Jofia Devoe
3) Kim Hill (yes I have been under a rock)
4) Kim Giarrusso
5) Lie Fhung (again under my rock)
These are designers that I just recently found out about in the last few months.
Top 5 Blogs for great freebies
(I dont blog for freebies but these are ones I read)
1) http://staceyjewellstahl.blogspot.com/
2) http://birgitkerr.blogspot.com/
3) http://myshabbyliddlecorner.blogspot.com/
4) http://christinehaskell.blogspot.com/
5) http://www.flergsblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

You dont know how much this made my day....it has been sucking large and this made me all warm and squishy....

{{hugs ya till ya fata alittle...LOL}}

Love ya
xoxo
Dorkerella

Sara E said...

love your top 5 lists....but, dang, girl... you need to venture over to Gotta Pixel now too... we have 4 OAKS girls there too (including myself, of course)...........and sooooooooo many challenges to keep you constantly busy

AfriDigiDiva said...

Thank you for the top 5 lists! I'm going to try that. And it appears that your top 5's are almost identical to mine. Heather Manning is awesome.

absolutartist1 said...

OY!! Now I've got 2 awards to forward out... Yeah - I'm organized - as long as I don't have to think! LOL

Thanks, hon! Sometimes you are too sweet! Don't forget to mail those handwriting samples! [hugs]