My Layouts

Saturday, December 29, 2007

The last Saturday of the year

How weird does that sound? The last Saturday. That means that tomorrow is the last day this year I have to sleep in. Do you think it'll happen? Me neither. I can never sleep in and rarely oversleep. Heck I feel like I rarely get any sleep, I'm always tired. But I'm in bed by 11 each night usually. Oh well.

So I've been horribly neglecting my CT duties pretty much since my vacation in November. I'm truly surprised that I haven't been fired, lol. I used to be a great cheerleader. Now I feel like football season is over and I can't get in the groove for basketball season. (analogy, I hate basketball in real life) I haven't even talked with 2 of my designers since mid month. I have no idea what they've got going on. (In my defense, I haven't really heard from them either). But that's not an excuse. Lost mojo, lost spirit? I don't know what my problem is. But I'm hoping that the New Year will bring it all back to me.

Let me show you the final page I switched around for SIL's parents calendar. I think I like how it turned out.



Also one last picture to show you from Christmas morning, for now. I bought each of the girls these adorable hand painted shirts at a big holiday craft show. They say "My Auntie loves me" on them. Very self indulgent of me. I'm hoping that my brother can figure out a way to get a better picture of them so you can see it. Being that I'm 200 miles away and don't see them as often as I wish, I am always trying to remind them that Aunt Diane loves them.


Oh yeah, the reason for my mentioning my shortcomings as a CT member. There's gonna be a New Years Eve chat at DST. I'm not sure if it's an all night thing, but Heather's hosting the 11 pm EST time slot. Giveaways and goodies galore. So if you're like the hundreds of us that won't be going out for whatever your reasoning, I hope you'll pop in to Heather's chat. I'm pretty sure that the old man will be asleep by then so I'll be free to spend the time with my friends. We stay home every year; 1) cheaper, 2) avoid the amateur drunks on the road 3) avoid being a drunk on the road. This will be our 9th New Years Eve together. The first one, we'd only been dating like 2 weeks so he went all out. The next year I worked til like 10 and we got into a fight at the bar and the 3rd year we went to a nice dinner with his cousin. Every year since then it's stay home or work for the overtime. We cook ourselves a nice steak & seafood dinner and do nothing. OMG how boring have we become????????? Well, safe is better than boring.
Ok, he's up and I'm about to play let's make a deal for Guitar Hero. Wish me luck. Enjoy your day and scrap happy.

5 comments:

Leigh said...

Always enjoy your blog! I see those cutie Auntie t-shirts! TFS!

Anonymous said...

I love that hand painted shirts:) And I finally see you! You're beautiful, Diane! I hope someday, we can get to meet up close:) I pointed your photo to my hubby because he's in my side right now. And I said, she's my friend:)

Xoxo

Robin L said...

Yes nieces are the best thing since chocolate in my book lol I waited 14 years for mine and I couldnt be happier. You have some beautiful nieces. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Diane! I LOVE that picture of you with the girls! Beautiful woman!

And I'm not going to be firing you ever, so you're good here. LOL I haven't put out hardly anything new at all. I'm working on something but Alyce hasn't been all that cooperative.

And you're not as boring as I am. I'll be sitting here by myself with the kids New Year's Eve. Pato has to work. As he does every year. I'm so glad I was able to get a chat scheduled, and I'm even more glad you can come!

absolutartist1 said...

I totally feel you about the CT thing... I think I did more work for my temp teams than my "normal" teams this month, and even that didn't seem to be as much as I should have! Good thing it was a slow month for most of my full-time teams...

Good luck with your bargaining! Have a great day!