My Layouts

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Hope your Christmas was Happy!

So how was your Christmas? I hope that Santa brought you everything your little heart desired. Was your Christmas white? Did you eat too much? How far did you have to travel?
And more importantly did you go to the sales today? bwhahahaha.

Seriously now, mine were wonderful beyond belief. Christmas truly is for children and so much more magical when there are little ones around. I really believe that Em & Addi saved Christmas for mom and I this year. Mom was really having a hard time without Dad. But as long as one of those girls were in her arms, she had a smile on her face. Oh the antics of an almost 3 year old to make you laugh. Em is so into the Disney Princesses that I think there were only a handful of gifts that didn't have at least 1 of them on it. I thought that she had just about everything there was with the Princesses on it, but there just seems to be more and more. I hope she doesn't outgrow them before Addi gets to like them. And Addi at 6 months old is just the happiest baby I've ever seen. I swear I only heard her cry like twice the whole weekend. She sat in the middle of the floor while everyone handed out gifts and played with wrapping paper. The pile of gifts for her just kept growing and soon you could barely see her. My brother played a Christmas version of Deal or No Deal with my nephew (soon to be 13 and in the total teenage mode). They put all his gifts in one location and then had an envelope. He had to choose between the gifts and the envelope. He chose the gifts. In the envelope was a note saying if he'd have chosen that, he'd get all the gifts plus a membership to the Rec center. Then there was a second choice, a new envelope or his gifts. With help from the audience, he choose the envelope. Inside it said "Too bad, you should have taken the 1st envelope." After a few seconds, there was a 3rd envelope that they had him open. It said "Did you really think we wouldn't give you anything for Christmas. Not only do you get all your gifts, but you also get the Rec. center membership". The kid was pretty happy. But I think that Dad was happier cuz one of the gifts was Guitar Hero 3. We played that for a little bit before we left. I'm seriously thinking about grabbing one for us, it's a blast.

Well, since this has been a long post, I'm sure you're bored to death by now. So I'll save the rest for part 2. Plus it's late since I ran out to do some shopping before work. But I gotta share with you what I found at Target. I was looking for a zip drive and came across an end cap that had Shutterfly stuff on it. ON SALE!!! I grabbed a calendar and 8 X 11 Book. The calendar was $16.98 and the book was $20.99 and those prices INCLUDE shipping. I'm heading back at lunch I think to grab a few more books. I figured I paid $6 for shipping on my free calendar. So if you have a Target near you, go and check it out. Plus they had all their Christmas stuff on sale at 50% off. I was surprised that it wasn't very crowded. They had lots of lights and wrapping papers left. I spent way too much money again. lol.

Have a great day and scrap happy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh..I'm glad the little ones had a fab time! Truly Christmas is for kids:) Peanut sure don't know what's going on though and Al was all around the house and keeps asking his Dad to help him with his Lego and the other toys:) hehe

And what a great finds you got there,huh! Have a great day,Diane! Mine is over and it's past 12am here..Peanut will cry for milk any minute from now :D

Xo~

Azrood said...

I'm so purposely avoiding all the sales today, lol! I can't resist a bargain....even if I don't need it so I think it's just better if I stay away. :) I want Guitar Hero too! I got to see the demo in the store the other day and it looks like so much fun! I told Jason that was what I wanted for my birthday!

BHo said...

It sounds like a great time, Diane! Merry Christmas to you and your family!