My Layouts

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

October already????

Wow I can't believe how quickly time is passing. I know, I shouldn't be surprised. After all, the leaves are starting to turn and the air is getting cool at night. But it just seems like yesterday it was July in all it's glorious heat. Christmas will be here before I know it. UGH. Christmas shopping. Let's not get started on that.


Today, since it's the beginning of Oct. I thought I'd start out with some of the monthly challenges at different sites. Kinda an overview of what's going on in my little part of the digiscrapping world of challenges and posting bonuses. Cuz that's why we all do them, to get the fabulous posting bonuses. First, I'm gonna toot my own horn. Last month, over at ScrapBook Bytes I was the "Queen of Chatterbox" for the month. It was the first time that I participated. I had 706 posts. I am greatly anticipating seeing what kind of goodies I get for that. OMG!!! I just got the fabulous list of goodies for this contest. I will now be in shopping heaven. I have no idea how I will ever be able to pick out this much stuff. It's basically a shopping spree. Thank you so much to all the great designers over at SBB! You all ROCK!!

So here's my list.


OAKS - There are currently 4 challenges posted and they run monthly.

1. Template - pretty standard- go to the message board to check out the template for this month.
2. Number Frenzy- The number is 13 in honor of Halloween. You must use 3 photos, 1 alpha and 13 total elements - no more, no less.
3. Embellishment Explosion - See how many Different frames you can use in a layout. No frame clusters.
4. Inspiration - Make a layout with the 4 seasons as your inspiration. It can be a 1 or 2 page layout.


Digital Scrapbooking Org - They have probably the most challenges that run for a monthly challenge. My inbox was full the last 2 days. Lots of goodies!! And if you complete all of the challenges, you get the collab. mega kit. Last months was terrific!
1. Book of Me run by my very own fave. designer Heather Manning- "What are you going to be or do for Halloween."
2. Color Challenge - Kim B has a great swatch to work from. Go to the message boards and check it out.
3. Element Challenge - use pumpkins in your layout
4. Font challenge - this months font is "a charming font"
5. Ad challenge - an ad is posted for inspiration.
6. Numbers challenge - 5 is the number - 5 photos, 5 papers & 5 elements
7. Lyric challenge - This months song is "In the Misty Moonlight"
8. Recipe challenge - Let them eat cake - your favorite cake recipe
9. Shape challenge - Use both a heart & circle in your design
10 & 11 - Sketch & template - see the message board to get the info on these.



Digital Scrap Garden- this is a new site and they have some great challenges with wonderful posting bonuses. If you're looking for a new place to showcase your layouts. Check them out!
1. Quote challenge - "What a grand thing, to be loved! What a grander thing still, to love! - Victor Hugo - "
2. Give me a letter - feature the letter A.
3. Font/Frames/Foto - The font is bar code - use 1 photo- 1 frame & 1 font Great font and terrific posting bonus.
4. Wild color challenge - check out the message board for the color swatch.
5. Element - Tags in your layout.
6. Photo - I love this one, because any reason to scrap my pets is not a challenge for me. But I loved the posting bonus and I'm hoping that they'll send it to me early. (hint, hint)

Since they just opened their doors, the challenges do say Sept. but I checked with them and they are running through the end of Oct.


ScrapdigiStyle has a lot of challenges too, but I'm focusing on just the Tri-color challenge. My very own Tallula Moon - Kelli is the hostess of this one and she has put together a wonderful color combo that is terrific for your fall layouts. Plus the posting bonus is wonderful.


Scrapbook Graphics is offering what they call a Quirk Workshop designed to get us to break out of the mold we've put ourselves in. Now I'm not too familiar with the site, but I think it's a terrific concept, so I wanted to mention it. Donna's stopped by my blog a few times and it was mentioned on hers yesterday. The first challenge is to break out of the box - no ribbons, silk flowers, buttons, brad or ready made frames. All original word art. Try to use things and techniques you don't use everyday. Check it out, they explain it soooo much better than I do. I believe that this is a weekly challenge.



And last but not least, Scrapbook-bytes - my home base. The reason I have them last is they run their challenges weekly, except for the Page a Day. That's self explanatory. I usually try to make all the chats I can, especially during the day while I'm at work.

1. Color challenge crop - run by Jodi, there's a chat on Mondays at 2 pm EST
2. Sketch challenge crop - Raechel runs that on Wed. with a chat at 3 pm EST. She always has a terrific sketch for inspiration and wonderful freebie.
3. Scraplift - self explanatory. They give a members gallery and off you go.
4. Scavenger Scrapheap - There's a list of 5 things that must be in your layout.
5. Rock the Template with Amy Bleser. She has the best templates and the chat is on Thurs. nights at 11 pm EST.
6. This is a new one- Journalling challenge with Lawanna.
There are also some subscriber only challenges at SBB. It's always a great time there, so come join us.





Here's a little contest we're running over at Tallula Moon Designs. Snag the blinkie, let me know where you're displaying it at (which sites) and you may just be RAK'd with Tallula Moon's terrific Halloween kit. This ad does not do it justice. Click on the layout to go directly to the link for this kit at Kelli's store in 3 Scrapateers.



Back to the freebie list tomorrow. Until next time, Scrap Happy!!!
**-Diane

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea,Diane! Happy October;)

Jen U said...

Wow how do you keep track of all that? LOL That's wonderful to have it all in one place, thanks so much! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW Diane!!
Thanks ya for the lovely plug for Digital Scrap Garden! We're thrilled to have you there with your pups!
Hope you're having a great day ... and yes, you DO have all of October to get the challenges done!

Gina.Maria said...

Thanks for the heads-up on challenges. If nothing else, they may give me a boost of inspiration!

Digitalgirl said...

Oh purleeeez don't mention Christmas shopping!! Lol! Wow! thanks for all the info on the challenges there is sure to be something there for me to do!

Kim B said...

Diane!- How on EARTH do you keep up with all of this- want to come take over my blonde brain for a week or two??- Could use some re-organizing-LOL. Thanks soooo much for the mentions girl! Sending huge hugs
Kim

HoleyCow Designs said...

I with KimB.. you are GOOOOOD!
thanks so much for your time..

Kristine said...

Bowing down to the DSO pimpin' queen!!! You RAWK!!! Thanks so much for blurbin' bout my cake challenge and ALL the challenges at DSO!! It's folks like you that make our jobs fun!!!

Joy said...

You are AWESOME! Thanks for advertising our challenges @ DSO!

Anonymous said...

You remind me to get over to DSO and do their challenges! They are so much fun there! I have a couple up at Just For The Scrap of it, too! I'm hosting the Art challenge there (Georgie O'Keefe this month) and the lyric challenge (Shiny Happy People!)
You're the nicest blogger I know!

Anonymous said...

Look at you go girl! That's a huge list! You been busy busy! Thanks for mentioning mine!

I have soccer practice tonight, ok, I don't, but Jordan does, I'll be on after that! :o) (((Hugs)))

absolutartist1 said...

I'm late! I'm late... and blast I'd all ready taken the time to write down those challenges! LOL

Wish I could joing chats while at work, but I have to sneak this in while the boss isn't looking!

Thanks for the lists! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Diane for what you said about Digital Scap Garden. Like Ladybug and Purple Frog I'm so happy to see you there also.

Unknown said...

Thank you Diane for your wonderful plug for Digital Scrap Garden. Like Ladybug and Purple Frog I'm also glad to see you at our forum

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Diane, for mentioning the font and lyrics challenges at DSO! That's a lot of work to keep up with all of these challenges on all these sites, and this wonderful list is so convenient and appreciated!!

Monique said...

Thanks for the great list of challenges! Have a great day and good luck getting them done!

Anonymous said...

Ok, where did the other post go I was reading? LOL I was trying to leave a comment and now it's gone. Are you playing with your posts Diane? LOL

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my sketch challenge at DSO! Lotsa fun!