My Layouts

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Basic CT enabling & a few freebie previews

Hi all!

I'm in a weird mood this morning, so I don't know how this post is gonna go. I can't really place my finger on it. Ever have one of those mornings? I'm sure I'll get over and quickly. Lots and lots of things going on in my little corner of the digiscrappin world. Actually since I've undertaken this blog, that world is expanding and quickly. I was asked to be a part of the creative team over at Scrapper's Daily Dose, which is really cool. Instead of 1 designer, they have monthly sponsors. I create a few layouts for the monthly sponsor. Seems like a good gig. I don't have a layout to show you yet, but I hope to by the weekend.


This is what I worked on last night. Kelli from Tallula Moon Designs is holding a "My Favorite Things" chat this Saturday night at 3 Scrapateers at 7 pm EST. This weeks subject is My Favorite Heritage Photo". Here's mine. This photo is from the late 40's and it's my dad with his brothers and sisters. My dad is the littlest boy.


Kelli has a wonderful chat participation freebie. She sent me an advanced copy of it to play around with. And I didn't even get the whole kit (yet). I made up a little preview for her to post. I love what she's done. If you like the little bit I've shown you here, take a few minutes to stop by 3 Scrapateers and say hello.
This preview here is Tallula Moon Designs Tuscan Touch kit and it's wonderful for fall layouts. I have used it many times and love it. The preview really doesn't do it justice. It's available at 3 Scrapateers. Click the preview to go to the store to get a better look.

My friend Fantacy of Scrappin Hillbilly Sweetpea Designs has a new freebie on her blog. It's an add on to her 'Fraidy Cat & Hallow-tween kits. Some cute stickers and another great paper. Fantacy's family just suffered a tragic loss and she could use our prayers and some lovin now.

Stop by her blog by clicking on the preview on the right and pick up that adorable freebie.

I mentioned on Tuesday about the wonderful challenges over at DSO. Heather Manning runs one over there called the "Book Of Me" because all too often we scrap the ones we love most and rarely ever do we see ourselves in our layouts. This months BOM as we call it is about what we are going to be or do for Halloween. I keep forgetting to bring my camera to work to take a picture of me sitting at my desk. Cuz that's what I'll be doing for Halloween- working. How's this for an excuse - the girl at our other office has to have 1/2 day off because they close down her town for the Halloween celebration. I think she just wants to be able to take her son Trick or Treating. Now that I can understand, just say it. Anyway, the preview on the right is Heather's layout for her challenge. (click on lo for credits). The next preview is Heather's fantastic kit,

Dirt Don't Hurt. It's available at DSO and it is wonderful for those nature layouts. She's working on a new one - I could give you a hint, but she might fire me. lol. But it will be dirty, yet girly. (oppps did I say that out loud?)
Here's the second part to KimB's glitter freebie from yesterday.



Just for the Scrap of It is having a design contest. They choose Heritage papers for their first round. Now there are at least 11 designs (and counting) in the gallery now and I think that voting starts on 10/7 but there are just a bunch of freebies just waiting there to be taken.

I don't know if there was a color scheme that went with the "theme", but I would have to say yes, since all the previews have greens and purples in them. Here is my favorite. I love the plates in the elements, I think it's very original. And I'm not saying that because the designer is a regular here at my blog. I REALLY liked this one best. No matter what I think, go over and check out what is being offered. There will be at least 3 that you like.
I know I've forgotten something really important, but work is starting to pile up so I better go ahead and get this done. I hope that you all have a great day.
Until next time, scrap happy!
**-Diane

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great list, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Great information Diane, and awesome kits!..Talk at ya later girl!!!!