My Layouts

Monday, February 25, 2008

How was your weekend?

Well the weekend's over and it seemed to go by rather quickly as most of them do. The only time I left the house was to shovel snow Sat. morning. Pretty sad isn't it? Of course the big weekend for the rich and famous. I'm not a big movie buff, but I usually enjoy watching the Oscars. I missed the red carpet (my favorite part) and the monolouge cuz I had the Nascar race at California on (rain delay) and was fighting to get my Shutterfly Christmas book done and into place on Shutterfly. I've got 1 page that meets all the specs but just won't turn out right. Drivin me nuts I tell you. I would say that other than people in the industry and their families, there are really only 7 catagories that we really want to see on the Oscars, they don't need a 4 hours telecast. I did see both of the actor catagories and the director and movie of the year. I always fall asleep in the middle. I will say that this is about the 3rd year that I haven't seen any of the nominated movies. Told you I'm not a movie person. Did you catch the special Jimmy Kimmell live afterwards? I had forgotten how funny he could be. The Ben Affleck thing had me rolling. It was a bit crude, but funny.

It's new release Monday. Here's the 411 on my designers. Previews are linked to stores.
Check out the gorgeous paper pack that Kiki Halbert has released at SBE. Love the rich colors and textures of Kiki's papers.

And Cherie Shields just released this in her store at Sophia Sarducci. It's gorgeous and I should have some layouts done with it this week. Cherie also has a store at Gotta Pixel and there is a Leap Year sale with the entire store at 29% off. Click the ad
to get more info on it, I didn't realize the ad was so hard to read, my fault.
Did you take part in the Trash to Treasure Hunt over at DST this weekend? 45 designers put together freebies and clues for everyone to find. Gorgeous freebies to be had. I was impressed with several, but must say that Lliella and French Ruby really wowed me. So if you took part, make sure you check out an additional challenge that Heather has running for a chance to get gift certs to her store. Don't forget about the quote challenge on the CT blog either.
I only pulled 2 of layouts that I did this weekend to show you. These 2 were my faves.
I used Kiki's Breath of Spring on this one of Em.
Most of what I did was for the Christmas book I need to get finished. It's hard to be Christmassy at the end of February, but I love this one.
Papers by Melissa Bennett, elements from Natali Designs, Merideth Fenwick, Lindsay Jane Designs & Doreen Stolz.
I'm surviving nicely the vacation, even if I'm not doing anything wild and crazy. I'm hoping that Shannon and his father don't drive each other totally nuts. My dogs are in major seperation anxiety mode and are just always in my face. Almost glad to be going to work. Almost.
Hope you all have a great day!

12 comments:

Kristine said...

Dork dancin' thru....gonna get back to work before Nikki catches me ...LOL

Michelle Filo said...

hiya, my weekend was good :) hehehe
Love the Christmas LO, I know what you mean, I am having a hard time scrapping my christmas photos too, I am actually not even started... ugh!!!

Leigh said...

I have not finished all my Christmas photos, yet. Hmmm...maybe I should! Great lo's! TFS!!!

ChrissyW said...

oh wow - that too fast for you page is ADORABLE!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous LO's - especially the christmas one.

AfriDigiDiva said...

Really nice layouts

Ava in Wonderland said...

Cute new stuff! I LOVE watching the Oscars, but you are right they are about 2 hrs to long! lol

Anonymous said...

Hey Diane! Love your LO's as always. My son is all about the Oscars. He actually went to a dress up Oscar party last night. He's seen I think all of the nominees except maybe There Will Be Blood. He reads Entertainment Weekly and is totally up on all the industry news.
I, however, did not watch. Vince and I watched Big Brother instead. :-)
Catch ya around!

Anonymous said...

I completely missed the oscars. Woops!

Beautiful layouts Diane! And thanks again for the enabling.

DawnMarch said...

I watched the Oscars off and on and managed to catch the good stuff, though -- like you -- I hadn't seen most of the movies. I had fun watching it with my DD this year -- she was really into seeing the movie stars.

Azrood said...

I was just reading abut the Oscars in the paper since I missed the whole thing. We were busy this weekend and I was just too tired to sit and watch it last night. Your layouts are so beautiful! I'm hoping to get some scrap time in tonight myself. :)

Barb said...

Lovely layouts, Diane! One of these days I must put my pixels to paper....