My Layouts

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wednesday morning

Hope you enjoyed your New Years Day. My house was all football, all day. Shannon had 3 tv's on and lined up at one point watching 3 different games. The Big 10 didn't fare so well, with Wisconsin & Illinois getting beat, but a big shot out to the Amazin Blue for beating the hated Florida team. What a great game that was. Just 5 days until my beloved Buckeye's play for their second year in a row for the National Championship. Of course we are all hoping that the outcome will be different this year with a win.

I grew tired of football pretty quickly. If it's not my team, then I can find better things to do. So I spent a little time (actually a lot of time) on this layout. I had a hard time with the alpha. I wasn't gonna put any on there, but it looked like it needed something. So I went looking, I don't have a lot of alphas. So I found one that I thought may work and began playing with the opacity on it, then the placement, then the opacity etc... I don't think I've got it where I want it. But overall I'm very pleased with the lo.




Kristine tagged me last year and I forgot, so here it is. Just a little bit about me.

* Four Jobs I've had:
Car Insurance Agent
Bartender/Waitress

Retail
Mortgage Broker

Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over:
Top Gun
Breakfast Club
Fiddler on the Roof

Sound of Music


Four Places I have Lived:
Topeka Kansas
Detroit Michigan
Ft. Lauderdale Florida
Columbus Ohio


Four TV Shows I Love to Watch:
LOST
Grey's Anatomy
American Idol (guilty pleasure)

That 70's Show

Four Places I have been on Vacation:
Orlando Florida
London Ontario, Canada
Chicago
Detroit area (most my vacation time is spent with family)


Four Websites You Visit Daily:
Heather's
Kristine's
Cate's
DST - for Blog Train

Foods:
Seafood
Mexican
Italian
junk


Four Places I would Rather Be:
Anywhere warm with no snow
Anywhere warm with no snow
Anywhere warm with no snow
Detroit area with my nieces


Four Albums I Cannot Live Without:
Bob Marley's Legend
any of my Matchbox 20
Eric Clapton Best of

1999 Prince

People to tag:
JanMary - I want to know more about life in N. Ireland
Barb - a Wolverine in Buckeye land who hasn't converted?
Andrea - Welcome back
Heather - cuz I don't think she did it when Kristine tagged her. lol

Time to work. Have a great day and scrap happy!

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Morning beautiful!!!!::dork dancing my way through...::

Blows kisses as I leave...(looking to make sure I don't trip...LOL)

Steph.Gibson said...

Sounds like lots of football in your house yesterday. Mine too - big UGA bulldawg fan here. BTW, they were showing an interesting statistic last night related to your team - never 0-9 against the SEC in championship play.;) I actually do wish you guys all the luck in the world because I HATE LSU. Go BUCKEYES!!!

Barb said...

I grew up in Ann Arbor ~ I will never convert! Go Blue!

I will however add your blog quiz to my updated entry for today. Great layout, Diane ~ lovely!

Azrood said...

Go CATS! I'm so disappointed that we missed the whole second half of the game since we had family in town we were entertaining. I heard it was a really good game too. Hope you have at least a little snow left this evening so the dogs can get out and play. :)

Anonymous said...

I did do it! LOL It's just right here -

http://heathermanning-blog.blogspot.com/

on the second page rather than on my regular blog. I started that one because Wordpress got mad at me. I'm just waiting on PPP approval.

Love your new banner! And the layout is beautiful!

Have a wonderful day! Next time I'll call ya before I go and see if you want to come with me! LOL

Jeannette said...

Your layout is beautiful. Very soft and serene. Your Info was interesting. I've been reading everyone's and it's cool to find out unique things about y'all. :-)

AneczkaW said...

Beautiful layout !