My Layouts

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Finding a "Rad" Skateboard

My nephew informed me that he wanted a skateboard for his birthday, not just any skateboard but a "rad" skateboard. Of course, he thinks I'm too old to know how to find him a "rad" skate board and thinks he'll get money to get his own. So I set off to find some sites and came across this great one, Warehouse Skateboards, offering element skateboards. It'll let me design a skateboard just for him. You start with the deck and then add the truck, wheels, bearings and you have no idea what I'm talking about do you? Neither do I which is great because this site has a great section on how to buy/build a skateboard. So now when I ask him how he wants his skateboard, I can surprise him and speak the lingo. In addition to being able to build your own skateboard, there is a large selection of assembled skateboards from several of the top manufacturers, skate apparel, safety equipment like helmets and pads and even videos. He loves his Tony Hawk Play Station games and thinks that he can be just like Tony. I think I'll make sure that his Grandma gets him the pads and helmet to go with the board he gets.

No comments: