My Layouts

Sunday, December 30, 2007

A quick look back, top 10 lo's and thank you

I'm "borrowing" this idea from JanMary who so brilliantly did it for her yesterday's post. They say that imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery.



I uploaded my first layout to the gallery at SBB on July 18th. I knew absolutely nothing about scrapbooking, let along digiscrapbooking. But I had time on my hands and a SIL who is a whiz at paper scraping, so I figured what did I have to lose. If you look at that first layout, you'll see that I truly started with nothing. That's Justin, my cousins son. For those of you are semi regular readers, you may remember him better if I tell you his dad was in the real bad motorcycle accident.I truly cringe when I look at this layout. But every one's gotta start somewhere. And I think that if I hadn't gotten so much support from people at SBB this hobby might have been short lived.


Here's my top ten favorites of the layouts I've done since I got my new computer in Sept.























More important than the layouts I've done and listed here are the friends I've made along the way. If I listed each of your individually and how you have impacted my life, we'd be sitting here all day reading this post. I am always thankful that someone wants to read about my insignificant life (especially since I haven't been talking much about scraping lately). I have made many friends and look forward to reading your blogs daily so I know more about what's important in your life. I now can say that I have friends all over the world. Thank you.


My wish for you for the New Year is quite simple. I wish you health and happiness, love and laughter, peace and proseperity. Scrap Happy and here's to next year!

9 comments:

Maggie Lamarre said...

awww that is such a nice tribute
Maggie

Unknown said...

Isn't it fun to look back and realize how far your skills have come!

Happy New Year!

Monique said...

Happy New Year to you too! Those are some great layouts, and don't worry... anyone with no scrapping experience has a handful of scarry looking layouts....lol. My first one I tried resizing the photo, but not properly so it was all smooshed then I added shadows... yikes! Things were floating pretty high off the pages... lol. Have a great day!

Robin L said...

Great top 10 los. appy new year to you too.

absolutartist1 said...

lol I don't think my very first did page is actually posted anywhere because I don't know credits for it, but yes, it also makes me cringe when I look at it! :)

I LOVE that trooper LO!! Don't think I'd seen it before, but it ROCKS!!! I'm so glad you found me to drag into your blogging world as well, hon!

Happy New Year, and all the best for the year to come! [hugs]

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Great layouts!

Have a safe and Happy New Year!

Steph.Gibson said...

Great review. Fun to look back at how far you have come. trust me - everyone starts out not so great. Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Diane, you've come so far in such a short period of time! Look at that first one to your most recent, though if you looked at my first one, it was hideous. LOL Yours is cute!

I'm so glad you are on my CT and we have become friends! Your such a joy in my life!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year 2008,Diane! May this new year brings you and your family more blessings, good health and everything you wished & hoped for!

Xo~