My Layouts

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The S word

Hi,
I'm a little torn here. We got our first measurable snowfall over night. Usually the only snow I like is the first of the year and Christmas snow. Now when I say measurable, the official prediction is 1 to 3 inches, which in my book is really not much. But let me tell you, at the sign of flurries, people here lose their minds when it comes to driving. I've been watching the news since 6 am and they say the road crews have been out all night. So you'd think that the roads would be in pretty good shape. Well there are already 2 dozen reported accidents on the MAIN roads, highways and such. It's like people's brains freeze when it snows here and their driving is affected. And when I was in school (way back when- well it wasn't the ice age but a while ago) it took like a blizzard or at least more than 6 inches to close the schools. I grew up in Michigan people, lots and lots of snow. I don't remember a whole lot of snow days. The entire Central Ohio area schools are either closed or on a delay. We have maybe 2 inches of snow. For pete's sake, it's not the end of the world. Plus it's not really that cold out. Send the little kiddies off to school.

Well you can tell I'm a scrapper. When I let the dogs out at 5 am I ran and got my camera for my first official photo of the first snow. I'm standing in the doorway, half nekid and freezing but I got a shot. lol
Then at 6, knowing my dogs don't like to take care of business in wet weather, actually put on some clothes and went out with them. Not the best quality of photos, but this is the typical Jazi "I don't like what is going on therefore I refuse to participate" pose. I may try to get them outside again for some more pictures before I take the 15 minutes, but it will take me a half hour to get into work drive.

So have you done any of the challenges that I had listed? Me neither. Didn't get any scrapping done last night. But hopefully tonight. Don't forget to check out the Humpday Hunnies to get your freebies. Start at Kristine's and she'll point you along the way.

Well not much else to add. Enjoy your day and scrap happy.

5 comments:

Kristine said...

Morning!!!! Isn't snow great?! LOL

Ours all melted. We want LOTS to get the skidoo out and go chasing wild turkeys!! LOL

Unknown said...

Hey Diane! Just wanted to say Hi. Iv'e been a bad blogger! I would like snow I think it's fun, but then I never drive in it. LOL
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing with the snow and pictures -

Now I had to check our forecast. Snow tonight and tomorrow, 3-5 inches by tomorrow night. Then Friday is good - then snow Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues. Beautiful! It said this weekend is going to be a mess with ice, sleet, and snow. Jordan is going to be TICKED. He's supposed to go to his dad's on Sunday. And his dad won't drive in the snow. If he misses this week, it's a month since he's seen him. Last Saturday it was icy, and the weekend before Jordan was sick. :o(

And people do the same thing here. We live in Iowa, it snows, every year. But, people act like they don't know how to drive in it. That's why I don't go out until it's completely cleared. I send Pato on errands. LOL

absolutartist1 said...

LOL I took a bunch on the way in to work this morning! It wasn't snowing, but we had the whole sun-through-the-clouds and snow in the fields thing going on!

Hoping to use 1 or 2 on LOs tonight since I have so many winter/christmas kits to scrap! LOL

Anonymous said...

I've missed all of you...been real busy! Thought I would stop by and say hi....I will come back when I have more time...take care Diane...:)