My Layouts

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Quite the busy weekend, well maybe

Hi there!

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend. I got lots of scrapping and scrap related stuff done. Thanks to Cate, I finally figured out how to install my fonts on Vista. Yeah!!! And thank you!!!!

I went through my PSE organizer and deleted everything that wasn't a photo or layout. Next it to finish organizing all my files and then back them up on disc. I really don't know how reliable the online back up service is, it came with the computer and I seem to keep getting an error message. Guess I really need to look into that.

Here's one of the many layouts I did this weekend. It's a picture that was taken while I was on vacation last month in Florida. It's me and the aunts doing the famous Ohio State pose. The family is working on getting that in photos for all vacations taken. Well now it seems that we'll get to have it taken in New Orleans at the BCS National Championship Game. Yee Haw!!! It fell into our laps, plain and simple. But like we said before our loss to Illinois, we control our destiny. All the other teams that fell did too. I have no qualms about celebrating this. Ok, enough football.


New month, new challenges! I have a small list of challenges from some of the sites I hang out at. This list is non exclusive and not inclusive of all challenges at these sites or others.


Digital Scrap Garden has several of theirs posted. The quote challenge is "There's no place like home for the holidays". The Photo Challenge is What makes your hometown famous. The Element challenge the layout must include a holiday recipe, paperclip and Christmas flower. Of course there's a color challenge. Stop by and check out the Garden. They're also running a designing contest that just started last week. They've gotten some awesome entries.


Heather is running a challenge over at Plain Digital Wrapper. It's called I wanta scrap about me. This months challenge is your favorite holiday tradition. (I have mine all worked out in my head, just need to figure out how to get the pics).


Andrea has 3 that she's running over at DSO. She has chosen my favorite Christmas song as a part of her Lyric challenge. But I think she's partial to the Beatles anyway. Actually she's given 2 choices, either Happy Xmas (War is Over) by John Lennon or Wonderful Christmas by Paul McCartney. She also has the Font challenge and this months font is VTKS Easy Way. The final challenge she's hosting is the Book of Me challenge with the best Christmas gift ever gotten as the theme.


DSO has a ton of other challenges including Kristine's recipe challenge. Of course Kim B's color challenge, the sketch and template challenge as usual. The Element challenge is to have snow in your layout. (Easy enough for me, in the Midwest). The Numbers challenge is one that could be harder - 5 photos, 2 elements and 1 journal only!! The Quote challenge gives several quotes, but my favorite (and the one 1 did) is "Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eye of a child, they are all 30 feet tall". And then there's a new challenge there. It's called I can't believe you scrapped that?!? You guessed it, your subject needs to have people wondering why. Plus at DSO if you complete all the challenges, you get a really cool kit.


One of a Kind Scrapz (OAKS) also has their challenges posted. They run a little bit differently, but I think it's kinds cool. They run bi-monthly. Instead of a posting bonus, you accumulate points which are good towards a store gift certificate. That way you can earn what you want. Come on now, you have to admit it. You've done a challenge cuz you like that challenge but aren't all that thrilled about the posting bonus. Or is that the entire reason for doing the challenge? Quite curious about that. Anyway OAKS has an Ad challenge, font challenge, scraplift challenge and a brag book page exchange. The exchange is really cool. You get the kit for 1/2 off, create up to 5 pages and then get an entire brag book link at mid/end of the month. Last one had 34 pages and the first one had 40. The kit that's being used for the first half of the month is Faith True/Victoria Feemster collab Star Struck.
Here are 2 of my pages. I haven't uploaded or zipped them yet, so it's a little preview.

Here are some other challenge layouts that I got done. click on lo to be taken to credits.

This one was for an impromptu challenge over at OAKS.

This one is for the DSO Quote challenge.
This is the desktop challenge from the OAKS blog.
This little cutie is my niece Em. This is for the lift and font challenge over at OAKS.




And these 3 are just ones that I had been working on or wanted to do just because.


Well, I've checked Yen's blog everyday to see if there's any news. She's continuing to stay in my thoughts and prayers. I hope we hear some happy news soon.


Well, off to finish my organizing. Until next time, scrap happy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

great Layouts!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW Woman! You have been busy! Awesome layouts!!!!!

I LOVE that one of you and your Aunts and the Ohio pose. You know, all that time I lived in Ohio, and I never saw it. I missed out! LOL

Have an awesome day Diane!

Amy B. said...

You have been busy! Great LOs!! I love my Elements organizer and anytime I'm in a funk I just go organize my elements :) I use CS2 but I can't live w/o my Organizer!

Azrood said...

Wow! You have been busy! Love all the new layouts, especially the one from the beach! Love the creativity there!

Unknown said...

Your layouts are amazing! I'm so jealous of the designers you work for! Thanks for giving the shout out for my challenges! I'm having so much fun doing them at DSO! People are actually playing along! LOL
Great job doing all the cpu stuff, that makes my hair fall out, I just HATE going through files, blah blah blah. You wanna come over and do mine? You sure? I'll make breakfast! LOL! Have a GRRREAT monday!

Kristine said...

Morning Diane!!

Loved the layouts! Glad you got your scrapping mojo back!!

Have a great day my friend!

*mwah*

Scrappy Cats Designs said...

love that baby blue eyes layout! I'll have to check up on those challenges.

Carolyn Albro said...

What a neat idea, to get the OHIO pose in a photo of each vacation LOL too cool!! I love it.

Looks like you've been a busy bee with all the scrapping going on WOW. And thanks for the heads up on all the challenges. Looks like there's lotsa stuff going on.

Gina.Maria said...

Thanks for the challenge round-up - I'd never find all those on my own!