My Layouts

Friday, December 21, 2007

Buckeyes & Buckeye Nuts

A lot of people having been asking me what a Buckeye is. Here is a picture of a true buckeye nut from a buckeye tree. It's the state tree of Ohio.
The buckeye nut is poisonous. People often will gather the nuts and then turn them into jewelry for Ohio State fans. The often appear on necklaces and key chains of the Buckeye faithful.
These are Buckeye candies. Everywhere other than Ohio, they are Peanut Butter Balls and are completely coated in chocolate. They are to die for! The recipe that is in the prior post is just one that I found when I Googled buckeyes candy and have not tried that one. I think that if you were to Google Buckeyes, you would definitely find lots and lots of recipes for them. They are not hard to make, just a little time consuming. Also you can Google Peanut Butter Balls and get the same thing.

1 comment:

absolutartist1 said...

Hey, hon! Sorry I didn't comment earlier today, but you know how work can get! LOL

Those treats sound so yummy!Where are teleporter beams when you need them?!?! Have a great day!